Limping cat.

Breed: long hair (used to b
My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or bleeding. I didn't see anything stuck in her footpad, and she didn't seem to mind me feeling her leg. What could be wrong? Should I take her to a vet?

Sorry to her that Tittertat is not well. (Cute name by the way.)

The most common reason for a cat to be limping is if she has suffered a bite wound from another cat. Often the original wound will heal but there can be infection in the skin underneath. If this is the case then the only effective treatment is medication prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that she has suffered some trauma to that leg. It could be anything from a fractured toe to a dislocated hip.

When a cat is limping I have a few criteria that tells me whether it is time to see the vet or not:

• If she is very uncomfortable (i.e. crying in pain, not moving at all).
  • If the problem has not gotten better after 48 hours.

• If her appetite is affected.

• If there is a green or yellow discharge from anywhere.

• If your gut is just telling you that you need to get her seen.

I hope she does ok!

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (20003 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (13195 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5153 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (8155 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (10260 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9767 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (11185 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7770 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (10071 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (22676 views)