Goat's milk for puppies.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told that goat's milk is very healthy for them.

Actually, goat's milk is not good to give to nursing puppies. It is too low in protein and fat and too high in lactose. Most dogs are lactose intolerant.

There is a current belief going around the internet that goat's milk is excellent for dogs, especially raw goat's milk and this simply isn't true. Feeding raw milk comes with all sorts of risks for bacterial contamination.

If you were stuck for a day or two, goat's milk is better than nothing. But, I would much prefer that you buy a commercially made milk replacer for puppies. You can buy these at any pet store or veterinarian and sometimes WalMart.

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (19391 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (8635 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (24608 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7824 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (5501 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (39637 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (9970 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7837 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10778 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (15320 views)