Goat's milk for puppies.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told that goat's milk is very healthy for them.

Actually, goat's milk is not good to give to nursing puppies. It is too low in protein and fat and too high in lactose. Most dogs are lactose intolerant.

There is a current belief going around the internet that goat's milk is excellent for dogs, especially raw goat's milk and this simply isn't true. Feeding raw milk comes with all sorts of risks for bacterial contamination.

If you were stuck for a day or two, goat's milk is better than nothing. But, I would much prefer that you buy a commercially made milk replacer for puppies. You can buy these at any pet store or veterinarian and sometimes WalMart.

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (8800 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (23813 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (16275 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6446 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23269 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6757 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14035 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20083 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (14194 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (9701 views)