Goat's milk for puppies.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told that goat's milk is very healthy for them.

Actually, goat's milk is not good to give to nursing puppies. It is too low in protein and fat and too high in lactose. Most dogs are lactose intolerant.

There is a current belief going around the internet that goat's milk is excellent for dogs, especially raw goat's milk and this simply isn't true. Feeding raw milk comes with all sorts of risks for bacterial contamination.

If you were stuck for a day or two, goat's milk is better than nothing. But, I would much prefer that you buy a commercially made milk replacer for puppies. You can buy these at any pet store or veterinarian and sometimes WalMart.

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (14027 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (17623 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (23941 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (11638 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (8260 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (8746 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (9203 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (11291 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25855 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (7563 views)