Goat's milk for puppies.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told that goat's milk is very healthy for them.

Actually, goat's milk is not good to give to nursing puppies. It is too low in protein and fat and too high in lactose. Most dogs are lactose intolerant.

There is a current belief going around the internet that goat's milk is excellent for dogs, especially raw goat's milk and this simply isn't true. Feeding raw milk comes with all sorts of risks for bacterial contamination.

If you were stuck for a day or two, goat's milk is better than nothing. But, I would much prefer that you buy a commercially made milk replacer for puppies. You can buy these at any pet store or veterinarian and sometimes WalMart.

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (69307 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9207 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5154 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11269 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (16213 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (44386 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (26343 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (12993 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (5667 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (18616 views)