Goat's milk for puppies.

Breed: Yorkshire terrier
Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told that goat's milk is very healthy for them.

Actually, goat's milk is not good to give to nursing puppies. It is too low in protein and fat and too high in lactose. Most dogs are lactose intolerant.

There is a current belief going around the internet that goat's milk is excellent for dogs, especially raw goat's milk and this simply isn't true. Feeding raw milk comes with all sorts of risks for bacterial contamination.

If you were stuck for a day or two, goat's milk is better than nothing. But, I would much prefer that you buy a commercially made milk replacer for puppies. You can buy these at any pet store or veterinarian and sometimes WalMart.

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (7889 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11647 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15723 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7427 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8645 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59364 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (6780 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11804 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (5568 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5682 views)