Lumps on dog's nose.

Breed: Lab x
Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is going to be 3 on jan 3rd. He's part doxin and black lab. The lump on the right has been there for at least a month and has gotten bigger. The one on the left is a new lump.

bump on dog's nose

lump on dog's nose

Your dog is very cute!

When it comes to lumps and bumps it's always hard to answer these types of questions without being able to feel and see this in person. However I would be very surprised if this is anything to worry about.

Most of the time when I see a lump that looks like this on a dogs nose it is simply a want or very small cyst. The only way to know for certain would be to have your vet biopsy one or both of these lumps. If they are not changing dramatically, they are not red, and they are not bothering the dog, I likely wouldn't be too concerned.

I wouldn't make a special vet appointment just for these, but I would have the vet look at them the next time your dog is in.

Are there any home remedeies or over the counter ointments I can use before contacting a vet?

There aren't any home remedies. People always ask if human wart products such as Compound-W would work on dog lumps and they don't.

In fact, if I was seeing this in my office I would likely recommend not doing anything as they are most likely cosmetic. (We don't know that for sure though without doing some tests on it.)

If the lumps became bothersome then surgery or cryotherapy (by your vet) could be done.

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (33002 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (15834 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (8900 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12540 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59087 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (24803 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (7566 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10469 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (18431 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10968 views)