Lumps on dog's nose.

Breed: Lab x
Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is going to be 3 on jan 3rd. He's part doxin and black lab. The lump on the right has been there for at least a month and has gotten bigger. The one on the left is a new lump.

bump on dog's nose

lump on dog's nose

Your dog is very cute!

When it comes to lumps and bumps it's always hard to answer these types of questions without being able to feel and see this in person. However I would be very surprised if this is anything to worry about.

Most of the time when I see a lump that looks like this on a dogs nose it is simply a want or very small cyst. The only way to know for certain would be to have your vet biopsy one or both of these lumps. If they are not changing dramatically, they are not red, and they are not bothering the dog, I likely wouldn't be too concerned.

I wouldn't make a special vet appointment just for these, but I would have the vet look at them the next time your dog is in.

Are there any home remedeies or over the counter ointments I can use before contacting a vet?

There aren't any home remedies. People always ask if human wart products such as Compound-W would work on dog lumps and they don't.

In fact, if I was seeing this in my office I would likely recommend not doing anything as they are most likely cosmetic. (We don't know that for sure though without doing some tests on it.)

If the lumps became bothersome then surgery or cryotherapy (by your vet) could be done.

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18698 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (14370 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (13709 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10564 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (5209 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13477 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7008 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7611 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (6802 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19237 views)