Lumps on dog's nose.

Breed: Lab x
Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is going to be 3 on jan 3rd. He's part doxin and black lab. The lump on the right has been there for at least a month and has gotten bigger. The one on the left is a new lump.

bump on dog's nose

lump on dog's nose

Your dog is very cute!

When it comes to lumps and bumps it's always hard to answer these types of questions without being able to feel and see this in person. However I would be very surprised if this is anything to worry about.

Most of the time when I see a lump that looks like this on a dogs nose it is simply a want or very small cyst. The only way to know for certain would be to have your vet biopsy one or both of these lumps. If they are not changing dramatically, they are not red, and they are not bothering the dog, I likely wouldn't be too concerned.

I wouldn't make a special vet appointment just for these, but I would have the vet look at them the next time your dog is in.

Are there any home remedeies or over the counter ointments I can use before contacting a vet?

There aren't any home remedies. People always ask if human wart products such as Compound-W would work on dog lumps and they don't.

In fact, if I was seeing this in my office I would likely recommend not doing anything as they are most likely cosmetic. (We don't know that for sure though without doing some tests on it.)

If the lumps became bothersome then surgery or cryotherapy (by your vet) could be done.

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (10318 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (7402 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (18255 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (10070 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (12307 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (551682 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (13355 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (10345 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (11945 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (18626 views)