Lumps on dog's nose.

Breed: Lab x
Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is going to be 3 on jan 3rd. He's part doxin and black lab. The lump on the right has been there for at least a month and has gotten bigger. The one on the left is a new lump.

bump on dog's nose

lump on dog's nose

Your dog is very cute!

When it comes to lumps and bumps it's always hard to answer these types of questions without being able to feel and see this in person. However I would be very surprised if this is anything to worry about.

Most of the time when I see a lump that looks like this on a dogs nose it is simply a want or very small cyst. The only way to know for certain would be to have your vet biopsy one or both of these lumps. If they are not changing dramatically, they are not red, and they are not bothering the dog, I likely wouldn't be too concerned.

I wouldn't make a special vet appointment just for these, but I would have the vet look at them the next time your dog is in.

Are there any home remedeies or over the counter ointments I can use before contacting a vet?

There aren't any home remedies. People always ask if human wart products such as Compound-W would work on dog lumps and they don't.

In fact, if I was seeing this in my office I would likely recommend not doing anything as they are most likely cosmetic. (We don't know that for sure though without doing some tests on it.)

If the lumps became bothersome then surgery or cryotherapy (by your vet) could be done.

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (36837 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (37082 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (57949 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (33537 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (10397 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (13885 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (13751 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (17023 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (11536 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (20876 views)