Limping Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and he is still limping. I can not get him into the vet for 2 more days. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do for him until then? I am trying to get him to rest and stay off of it, but with him being a boxer he gets excited sometimes and bears weight on it. I calm him down and then he is non-weight bearing to that foot. Please help! Thank-you!

Sorry to hear that Smokey had an accident!

Unfortunately there really isn't an over the counter medication for pain that I recommend. I used to recommend aspirin for a day or two but I have seen too many dogs get stomach ulcers or have other serious problems as a result of aspirin so I don't recommend this anymore.

If Smokey will let you, you can try applying an ice pack to the paw for 10 minutes at a time a few times per day.

Also, keeping him as quiet as possible will help.

However, if he is still limping and it is now a week after the injury there is a possibility that there is a fracture there so it really should be seen by a vet soon.

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (22251 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (10767 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (78362 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (31336 views)

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (5692 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (9321 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (12662 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6599 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (11123 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13803 views)