Limping Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and he is still limping. I can not get him into the vet for 2 more days. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do for him until then? I am trying to get him to rest and stay off of it, but with him being a boxer he gets excited sometimes and bears weight on it. I calm him down and then he is non-weight bearing to that foot. Please help! Thank-you!

Sorry to hear that Smokey had an accident!

Unfortunately there really isn't an over the counter medication for pain that I recommend. I used to recommend aspirin for a day or two but I have seen too many dogs get stomach ulcers or have other serious problems as a result of aspirin so I don't recommend this anymore.

If Smokey will let you, you can try applying an ice pack to the paw for 10 minutes at a time a few times per day.

Also, keeping him as quiet as possible will help.

However, if he is still limping and it is now a week after the injury there is a possibility that there is a fracture there so it really should be seen by a vet soon.

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (5753 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (10899 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (68330 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (15544 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (35942 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5130 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (8951 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (9417 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (9796 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (14758 views)