Limping Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and he is still limping. I can not get him into the vet for 2 more days. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do for him until then? I am trying to get him to rest and stay off of it, but with him being a boxer he gets excited sometimes and bears weight on it. I calm him down and then he is non-weight bearing to that foot. Please help! Thank-you!

Sorry to hear that Smokey had an accident!

Unfortunately there really isn't an over the counter medication for pain that I recommend. I used to recommend aspirin for a day or two but I have seen too many dogs get stomach ulcers or have other serious problems as a result of aspirin so I don't recommend this anymore.

If Smokey will let you, you can try applying an ice pack to the paw for 10 minutes at a time a few times per day.

Also, keeping him as quiet as possible will help.

However, if he is still limping and it is now a week after the injury there is a possibility that there is a fracture there so it really should be seen by a vet soon.

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (7576 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (10510 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (10041 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (16593 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (50440 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (19945 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (13392 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (8854 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (13923 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (20702 views)