Limping Boxer.

Breed: Boxer
My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and he is still limping. I can not get him into the vet for 2 more days. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do for him until then? I am trying to get him to rest and stay off of it, but with him being a boxer he gets excited sometimes and bears weight on it. I calm him down and then he is non-weight bearing to that foot. Please help! Thank-you!

Sorry to hear that Smokey had an accident!

Unfortunately there really isn't an over the counter medication for pain that I recommend. I used to recommend aspirin for a day or two but I have seen too many dogs get stomach ulcers or have other serious problems as a result of aspirin so I don't recommend this anymore.

If Smokey will let you, you can try applying an ice pack to the paw for 10 minutes at a time a few times per day.

Also, keeping him as quiet as possible will help.

However, if he is still limping and it is now a week after the injury there is a possibility that there is a fracture there so it really should be seen by a vet soon.

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (14128 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (7233 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7163 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12836 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (55169 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (39399 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (105439 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (8613 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5792 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (23543 views)