Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (8869 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9258 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (74789 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23599 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31657 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (11505 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10073 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11010 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7746 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12893 views)