Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8542 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (54736 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (12044 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (228194 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (6710 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (9627 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (10489 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (122940 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (15330 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (8813 views)