Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (46922 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (33520 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (13606 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (5417 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (8091 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (9997 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (9552 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (26590 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (67672 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (50833 views)