Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (9745 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (10117 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (26761 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (10424 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (7814 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (10071 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (10593 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (12105 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (11130 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (17048 views)