Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Hydrocode side effect? My dog is a 16-1/2 year old Wheaten who has had two seizures at a groomers. I took... (7801 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (11432 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12396 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (8378 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (33958 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9760 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43990 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (23242 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13869 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45339 views)