Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (10084 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (6977 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (8792 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (70491 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (31073 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10942 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6393 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (41827 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22674 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18351 views)