Black dots in dog's ear.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's ears. But its not wet and my dog doesn't seem itchy/scratch her ear. We brought her to the vet and our vet said it doesn't look like mites and asked us to just observe it for a while. But I'm still very worried about it, so wanted a 2nd opinion.

I will email the photo to you to have a look.
Thank you very much
Ning

Hi Ning. I don't believe that I received a photo.

I have seen a number of dogs who just have some black stuff in their ears. I don't get too worried about it unless the ears are uncomfortable and red or sore/itchy.

However, if you are able to send a photo to photos@askavetquestion.com I can have a look and give you my thoughts.

Lump on dog's foot. Hello, my 12 month old female boxer has a small pink lump on her toe/paw. I noticed... (26068 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (7737 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (17212 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (11106 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11217 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (39252 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (10348 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (9727 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (14750 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8017 views)