Not eating, losing weight.

Breed: American Shorthair (
My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and hair loss and has been vomiting for about a year. I know she is an old cat and my other cat, whom we were told was the mother, passed away a year ago after experiencing about the sam symptoms. Is my cat dying or just sick? We have tried changing her diet to a variety of wet, dry, hard, and soft food but none show more than a little improvement upon her appetite. Please help! Thank you!

These types of symptoms almost always point to a medical problem. There are many possibilities such as kidney disease, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease or certain cancers.

This article should give you more information:
Reasons for cats to lose weight.

I hope she can be seen soon!

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (12906 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (6904 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (12484 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (41131 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (20315 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (24191 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (16223 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (9732 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (7654 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (13350 views)