Not eating, losing weight.

Breed: American Shorthair (
My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and hair loss and has been vomiting for about a year. I know she is an old cat and my other cat, whom we were told was the mother, passed away a year ago after experiencing about the sam symptoms. Is my cat dying or just sick? We have tried changing her diet to a variety of wet, dry, hard, and soft food but none show more than a little improvement upon her appetite. Please help! Thank you!

These types of symptoms almost always point to a medical problem. There are many possibilities such as kidney disease, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease or certain cancers.

This article should give you more information:
Reasons for cats to lose weight.

I hope she can be seen soon!

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (5156 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10732 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (13151 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (45990 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10426 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (11020 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11778 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19234 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (26754 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (33693 views)