Not eating, losing weight.

Breed: American Shorthair (
My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and hair loss and has been vomiting for about a year. I know she is an old cat and my other cat, whom we were told was the mother, passed away a year ago after experiencing about the sam symptoms. Is my cat dying or just sick? We have tried changing her diet to a variety of wet, dry, hard, and soft food but none show more than a little improvement upon her appetite. Please help! Thank you!

These types of symptoms almost always point to a medical problem. There are many possibilities such as kidney disease, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease or certain cancers.

This article should give you more information:
Reasons for cats to lose weight.

I hope she can be seen soon!

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (55912 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (9379 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (6017 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (9604 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (18729 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (10010 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (6757 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (15956 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (15330 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (19470 views)