Not eating, losing weight.

Breed: American Shorthair (
My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and hair loss and has been vomiting for about a year. I know she is an old cat and my other cat, whom we were told was the mother, passed away a year ago after experiencing about the sam symptoms. Is my cat dying or just sick? We have tried changing her diet to a variety of wet, dry, hard, and soft food but none show more than a little improvement upon her appetite. Please help! Thank you!

These types of symptoms almost always point to a medical problem. There are many possibilities such as kidney disease, liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease or certain cancers.

This article should give you more information:
Reasons for cats to lose weight.

I hope she can be seen soon!

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (14951 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (8037 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (90679 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (34968 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11532 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11087 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (48658 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9480 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (44645 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (16078 views)