Guinea pig noises.

Breed: Guinea pig-abyssinia
Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes chirping noises. At first, i thought she wanted food, but when i went back to check, her food bowl is filled and there is still hay left. Theres also water in her water bottle. Sometimes, she makes that sound for no reason at all! I think it sounds really cute but i really wanted to know why she made that sound. Like, is she scared or stressed or is it a sound to let me know she wants something? Also, my guinea pig seems really scared when i try to pick her up. Like when i take her out of her cage and place her on my lap or on the floor, she doesn't dare to move at all! I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do to make my guinea pig less afraid of me and let her know that i won't harm her?

jamie:):):)

Hi and thanks for a great question!

I absolutely love hearing guinea pigs chirp and make noise!

This is a sound that most guinea pigs will make to indicate that they are happy. But there are other possible reasons for guinea pigs to make sounds. Here is a great website with audio files of piggie sounds:

Guinea Pig Sounds

Regarding your second question, many guinea pigs will "freeze" when scared. So, this may be why she is not moving when you take her out of her cage. The best thing you can do to help her feel more comfortable is to repeatedly handle her gently. Make sure the room is quiet. Also try offering her treats when you are handling her.

I hope this helps!

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (9367 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (43085 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6907 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (123345 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (7919 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (22803 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (27761 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (20995 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55547 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (8808 views)