Inbreeding dogs.

Breed: yorkie terrier
is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies come out more pure or will it be a problem?

It is really not a good idea to breed a mother and son dog. The reason for this is because of possible genetic defects. Let's say mom is carrying some defective genes. If we breed her to an unrelated dog, then the chances of these genes being expressed are smaller. But, if mom has these genes, then there is a high possibility that the son has them as well. When you breed the two of them together then the chances of those defective genes being expressed is double.

So, breeding a dog with her son gives you a much higher chance of producing puppies with birth defects.

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24137 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (19406 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (8171 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (21047 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (8907 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7278 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (9718 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (15117 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9067 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (51985 views)