Inbreeding dogs.

Breed: yorkie terrier
is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies come out more pure or will it be a problem?

It is really not a good idea to breed a mother and son dog. The reason for this is because of possible genetic defects. Let's say mom is carrying some defective genes. If we breed her to an unrelated dog, then the chances of these genes being expressed are smaller. But, if mom has these genes, then there is a high possibility that the son has them as well. When you breed the two of them together then the chances of those defective genes being expressed is double.

So, breeding a dog with her son gives you a much higher chance of producing puppies with birth defects.

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (26592 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15909 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16861 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9459 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14651 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (48587 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (13341 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (7391 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (8046 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (15083 views)