Inbreeding dogs.

Breed: yorkie terrier
is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies come out more pure or will it be a problem?

It is really not a good idea to breed a mother and son dog. The reason for this is because of possible genetic defects. Let's say mom is carrying some defective genes. If we breed her to an unrelated dog, then the chances of these genes being expressed are smaller. But, if mom has these genes, then there is a high possibility that the son has them as well. When you breed the two of them together then the chances of those defective genes being expressed is double.

So, breeding a dog with her son gives you a much higher chance of producing puppies with birth defects.

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9252 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11838 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (11137 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (9076 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (32931 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (5429 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (10192 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4842 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57448 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9690 views)