Inbreeding dogs.

Breed: yorkie terrier
is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies come out more pure or will it be a problem?

It is really not a good idea to breed a mother and son dog. The reason for this is because of possible genetic defects. Let's say mom is carrying some defective genes. If we breed her to an unrelated dog, then the chances of these genes being expressed are smaller. But, if mom has these genes, then there is a high possibility that the son has them as well. When you breed the two of them together then the chances of those defective genes being expressed is double.

So, breeding a dog with her son gives you a much higher chance of producing puppies with birth defects.

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (32427 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (50095 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (26673 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6528 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (42434 views)

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (12197 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (187687 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (27062 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8327 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (76815 views)