Freckles on a dog's belly.

Breed: papillon
Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in that area but I am not sure if it is from the spots or just cleaning. He has just turned 10 months. He is on topical flea and heartworm meds. I have photos, I will email them.
Thank You,
Lorri Stanley

Thanks for the photos:

1.
freckles on dog belly

2.
brown stuff on dog testicles

In the first picture all that I can see are freckles in his groin and on his penis. If these are the spots that you are describing then I wouldn't be worried at all.

The second picture is a little hard to decipher. If these spots are the same as the ones I see in #1 then I wouldn't be worried. But, if they are scabs that are raised and can be picked off then he may have a mild scrotal dermatitis which is an infection affected the skin of the scrotum.

If he licks the area a few times a day I am not worried, but if he is obsessed with licking his testicles then this could be a sign of some irritation and I would have your vet check him out.

I'm guessing that everything is normal though. Keep in mind that I can't give a diagnosis over the internet, so if your gut is telling you that something is wrong, then I would have your vet examine him.

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10725 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7763 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (32227 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (52934 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12412 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (11064 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45027 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9178 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (27814 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (14049 views)