Behavior after having puppies

Breed: Lab mix
My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the shed where she can't even fit and crawls on her belly. Then she cam out of the back yard and barked and snapped at a lady walking down the street. About a week later she bit a lady on the sidewalk. She poops and pees on the floor no less than 3 times a day. She has never done that in the house until after her puppies. She goes outside almost all the time she is not nursing but will not use the bathroom outside. Help!

It sounds like Daisy is trying to tell you that something is wrong.

Having puppies usually does not change a dog's personality like this. I am wondering if she has either some pain or an infection or is unwell in some other way.

I have seen some doggie moms that are very protective of their puppies and can be aggressive if someone is approaching them, but what you are describing sounds like more than that.

I would highly advise that you have your vet take a look at Daisy. They will do a good exam and help determine if she has pain or infection or something else going on.

Once the pups are 4-5 weeks old you can start to wean them. Once they have been not nursing for 2-3 weeks then you can consider having Daisy spayed. This way, if there are hormones involved then this should solve the problem.

I hope she feels better soon!

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (43477 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (17925 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6164 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16096 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18389 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7628 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (6820 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (15516 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (15969 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (22553 views)