Behavior after having puppies

Breed: Lab mix
My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the shed where she can't even fit and crawls on her belly. Then she cam out of the back yard and barked and snapped at a lady walking down the street. About a week later she bit a lady on the sidewalk. She poops and pees on the floor no less than 3 times a day. She has never done that in the house until after her puppies. She goes outside almost all the time she is not nursing but will not use the bathroom outside. Help!

It sounds like Daisy is trying to tell you that something is wrong.

Having puppies usually does not change a dog's personality like this. I am wondering if she has either some pain or an infection or is unwell in some other way.

I have seen some doggie moms that are very protective of their puppies and can be aggressive if someone is approaching them, but what you are describing sounds like more than that.

I would highly advise that you have your vet take a look at Daisy. They will do a good exam and help determine if she has pain or infection or something else going on.

Once the pups are 4-5 weeks old you can start to wean them. Once they have been not nursing for 2-3 weeks then you can consider having Daisy spayed. This way, if there are hormones involved then this should solve the problem.

I hope she feels better soon!

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (20752 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (37711 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (16363 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (15892 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (9659 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (14338 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (22828 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (9890 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (7644 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (29297 views)