Behavior after having puppies

Breed: Lab mix
My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the shed where she can't even fit and crawls on her belly. Then she cam out of the back yard and barked and snapped at a lady walking down the street. About a week later she bit a lady on the sidewalk. She poops and pees on the floor no less than 3 times a day. She has never done that in the house until after her puppies. She goes outside almost all the time she is not nursing but will not use the bathroom outside. Help!

It sounds like Daisy is trying to tell you that something is wrong.

Having puppies usually does not change a dog's personality like this. I am wondering if she has either some pain or an infection or is unwell in some other way.

I have seen some doggie moms that are very protective of their puppies and can be aggressive if someone is approaching them, but what you are describing sounds like more than that.

I would highly advise that you have your vet take a look at Daisy. They will do a good exam and help determine if she has pain or infection or something else going on.

Once the pups are 4-5 weeks old you can start to wean them. Once they have been not nursing for 2-3 weeks then you can consider having Daisy spayed. This way, if there are hormones involved then this should solve the problem.

I hope she feels better soon!

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (7949 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (16368 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (12140 views)

Did air freshener kill my dog? hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused... (13833 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (10383 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (9625 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (19507 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (43532 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (8667 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (9698 views)