Behavior after having puppies

Breed: Lab mix
My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the shed where she can't even fit and crawls on her belly. Then she cam out of the back yard and barked and snapped at a lady walking down the street. About a week later she bit a lady on the sidewalk. She poops and pees on the floor no less than 3 times a day. She has never done that in the house until after her puppies. She goes outside almost all the time she is not nursing but will not use the bathroom outside. Help!

It sounds like Daisy is trying to tell you that something is wrong.

Having puppies usually does not change a dog's personality like this. I am wondering if she has either some pain or an infection or is unwell in some other way.

I have seen some doggie moms that are very protective of their puppies and can be aggressive if someone is approaching them, but what you are describing sounds like more than that.

I would highly advise that you have your vet take a look at Daisy. They will do a good exam and help determine if she has pain or infection or something else going on.

Once the pups are 4-5 weeks old you can start to wean them. Once they have been not nursing for 2-3 weeks then you can consider having Daisy spayed. This way, if there are hormones involved then this should solve the problem.

I hope she feels better soon!

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (14769 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (10994 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (7215 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11342 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (18957 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (9337 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (12551 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21982 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19845 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (26495 views)