My cat died.

Breed: Domestic cat
My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on our quiet cul-de-sac. His face was covered with blood and the top of his skull was pushed downwards. Other than that there was no other mark on him. It seems he'd been lying there all night but there was only a tiny spot of blood where he was found, none anywhere else. My question is this: was he hit by a car? With such an injury would he have been able to walk to where he was found? Or was he moved? His injury was at the top of his head (as if he was smacked over the head) and I would hate to think this was a deliberate act. But the lack of blood anywhere makes me wonder. I'm so devastated to have lost a healthy happy and friendly cat in this way and he leaves behind his sister who was very close to him. I just need reassurance that his death was likely to have been an accident, although I know I'll never really know.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This previously answered question may help you:

Cat hit by car and died.

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (17594 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (8170 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (15475 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (9178 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9242 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (20950 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (19848 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8588 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (8038 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (25682 views)