My cat died.

Breed: Domestic cat
My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on our quiet cul-de-sac. His face was covered with blood and the top of his skull was pushed downwards. Other than that there was no other mark on him. It seems he'd been lying there all night but there was only a tiny spot of blood where he was found, none anywhere else. My question is this: was he hit by a car? With such an injury would he have been able to walk to where he was found? Or was he moved? His injury was at the top of his head (as if he was smacked over the head) and I would hate to think this was a deliberate act. But the lack of blood anywhere makes me wonder. I'm so devastated to have lost a healthy happy and friendly cat in this way and he leaves behind his sister who was very close to him. I just need reassurance that his death was likely to have been an accident, although I know I'll never really know.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This previously answered question may help you:

Cat hit by car and died.

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10336 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (9111 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19905 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (45766 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (5563 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (20479 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6808 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (31251 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (8818 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7035 views)