My cat died.

Breed: Domestic cat
My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on our quiet cul-de-sac. His face was covered with blood and the top of his skull was pushed downwards. Other than that there was no other mark on him. It seems he'd been lying there all night but there was only a tiny spot of blood where he was found, none anywhere else. My question is this: was he hit by a car? With such an injury would he have been able to walk to where he was found? Or was he moved? His injury was at the top of his head (as if he was smacked over the head) and I would hate to think this was a deliberate act. But the lack of blood anywhere makes me wonder. I'm so devastated to have lost a healthy happy and friendly cat in this way and he leaves behind his sister who was very close to him. I just need reassurance that his death was likely to have been an accident, although I know I'll never really know.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This previously answered question may help you:

Cat hit by car and died.

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (14699 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (11101 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (22624 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (17920 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (56580 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (6954 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9819 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5940 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (16633 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (38714 views)