My cat died.

Breed: Domestic cat
My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on our quiet cul-de-sac. His face was covered with blood and the top of his skull was pushed downwards. Other than that there was no other mark on him. It seems he'd been lying there all night but there was only a tiny spot of blood where he was found, none anywhere else. My question is this: was he hit by a car? With such an injury would he have been able to walk to where he was found? Or was he moved? His injury was at the top of his head (as if he was smacked over the head) and I would hate to think this was a deliberate act. But the lack of blood anywhere makes me wonder. I'm so devastated to have lost a healthy happy and friendly cat in this way and he leaves behind his sister who was very close to him. I just need reassurance that his death was likely to have been an accident, although I know I'll never really know.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This previously answered question may help you:

Cat hit by car and died.

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (6973 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (17443 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (10812 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (9638 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (13127 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4021 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (19645 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (23839 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (14478 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (8944 views)