My cat died.

Breed: Domestic cat
My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on our quiet cul-de-sac. His face was covered with blood and the top of his skull was pushed downwards. Other than that there was no other mark on him. It seems he'd been lying there all night but there was only a tiny spot of blood where he was found, none anywhere else. My question is this: was he hit by a car? With such an injury would he have been able to walk to where he was found? Or was he moved? His injury was at the top of his head (as if he was smacked over the head) and I would hate to think this was a deliberate act. But the lack of blood anywhere makes me wonder. I'm so devastated to have lost a healthy happy and friendly cat in this way and he leaves behind his sister who was very close to him. I just need reassurance that his death was likely to have been an accident, although I know I'll never really know.
Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

This previously answered question may help you:

Cat hit by car and died.

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (47616 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (16473 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (4665 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (21486 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (19899 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4784 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8043 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (14749 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (10678 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (11162 views)