Male dog - trouble urinating.

Breed: American Staffordshi
Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost like it just drips out and he dont know its happening. When he is outside he takes a long time to pee. Also he was panting and now is not eating much and is vomitting. What should I do? What do you think it is? Also he was perscribed Lexin about a month back I was wondering if I can give him these to see if it could help?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having these problems. I am really concerned by what you have written.

It sounds like Magnum may have something blocking his urethra and giving him difficulty in urinating. One possibility for this could be if he has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. Another possibility, if he is not neutered, is if he has an enlarged prostate which is blocking his urethra. Prostate enlargement can be due to infection, cancer or sometimes just happens.

If he does have a urethral blockage it sounds like the blockage is allowing just a little bit of urine to come out. But, this means that the bladder is probably extremely full. This is not only extremely uncomfortable but also life threatening. If the bladder cannot empty it is damaging to the kidneys and can even be fatal.

Magnum needs to see a vet immediately. They will do a good exam and if they can get urine they likely will test it for infection. They will probably want to take an xray as well to see if there are any stones present and if the bladder is extremely full.

I really hope he is ok!

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (28015 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (36655 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (10771 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (11830 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (13960 views)

Is my dog overheating? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a simple question. Max is now a 74 lb 1yr old... (11346 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (28657 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (33194 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31676 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (55369 views)