Male dog - trouble urinating.

Breed: American Staffordshi
Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost like it just drips out and he dont know its happening. When he is outside he takes a long time to pee. Also he was panting and now is not eating much and is vomitting. What should I do? What do you think it is? Also he was perscribed Lexin about a month back I was wondering if I can give him these to see if it could help?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having these problems. I am really concerned by what you have written.

It sounds like Magnum may have something blocking his urethra and giving him difficulty in urinating. One possibility for this could be if he has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. Another possibility, if he is not neutered, is if he has an enlarged prostate which is blocking his urethra. Prostate enlargement can be due to infection, cancer or sometimes just happens.

If he does have a urethral blockage it sounds like the blockage is allowing just a little bit of urine to come out. But, this means that the bladder is probably extremely full. This is not only extremely uncomfortable but also life threatening. If the bladder cannot empty it is damaging to the kidneys and can even be fatal.

Magnum needs to see a vet immediately. They will do a good exam and if they can get urine they likely will test it for infection. They will probably want to take an xray as well to see if there are any stones present and if the bladder is extremely full.

I really hope he is ok!

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4612 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (16173 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5328 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13227 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11890 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (9114 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9123 views)

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (46783 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (13673 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9348 views)