Male dog - trouble urinating.

Breed: American Staffordshi
Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost like it just drips out and he dont know its happening. When he is outside he takes a long time to pee. Also he was panting and now is not eating much and is vomitting. What should I do? What do you think it is? Also he was perscribed Lexin about a month back I was wondering if I can give him these to see if it could help?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having these problems. I am really concerned by what you have written.

It sounds like Magnum may have something blocking his urethra and giving him difficulty in urinating. One possibility for this could be if he has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. Another possibility, if he is not neutered, is if he has an enlarged prostate which is blocking his urethra. Prostate enlargement can be due to infection, cancer or sometimes just happens.

If he does have a urethral blockage it sounds like the blockage is allowing just a little bit of urine to come out. But, this means that the bladder is probably extremely full. This is not only extremely uncomfortable but also life threatening. If the bladder cannot empty it is damaging to the kidneys and can even be fatal.

Magnum needs to see a vet immediately. They will do a good exam and if they can get urine they likely will test it for infection. They will probably want to take an xray as well to see if there are any stones present and if the bladder is extremely full.

I really hope he is ok!

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (26240 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (10848 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (11506 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (9006 views)

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (6304 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (6424 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (7344 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (16686 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (19297 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (8055 views)