Male dog - trouble urinating.

Breed: American Staffordshi
Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost like it just drips out and he dont know its happening. When he is outside he takes a long time to pee. Also he was panting and now is not eating much and is vomitting. What should I do? What do you think it is? Also he was perscribed Lexin about a month back I was wondering if I can give him these to see if it could help?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having these problems. I am really concerned by what you have written.

It sounds like Magnum may have something blocking his urethra and giving him difficulty in urinating. One possibility for this could be if he has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. Another possibility, if he is not neutered, is if he has an enlarged prostate which is blocking his urethra. Prostate enlargement can be due to infection, cancer or sometimes just happens.

If he does have a urethral blockage it sounds like the blockage is allowing just a little bit of urine to come out. But, this means that the bladder is probably extremely full. This is not only extremely uncomfortable but also life threatening. If the bladder cannot empty it is damaging to the kidneys and can even be fatal.

Magnum needs to see a vet immediately. They will do a good exam and if they can get urine they likely will test it for infection. They will probably want to take an xray as well to see if there are any stones present and if the bladder is extremely full.

I really hope he is ok!

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (13820 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (18031 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (36059 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (9128 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (15035 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (9502 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (14903 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (12368 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (121943 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (38500 views)