Male dog - trouble urinating.

Breed: American Staffordshi
Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost like it just drips out and he dont know its happening. When he is outside he takes a long time to pee. Also he was panting and now is not eating much and is vomitting. What should I do? What do you think it is? Also he was perscribed Lexin about a month back I was wondering if I can give him these to see if it could help?

Sorry to hear that your dog is having these problems. I am really concerned by what you have written.

It sounds like Magnum may have something blocking his urethra and giving him difficulty in urinating. One possibility for this could be if he has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. Another possibility, if he is not neutered, is if he has an enlarged prostate which is blocking his urethra. Prostate enlargement can be due to infection, cancer or sometimes just happens.

If he does have a urethral blockage it sounds like the blockage is allowing just a little bit of urine to come out. But, this means that the bladder is probably extremely full. This is not only extremely uncomfortable but also life threatening. If the bladder cannot empty it is damaging to the kidneys and can even be fatal.

Magnum needs to see a vet immediately. They will do a good exam and if they can get urine they likely will test it for infection. They will probably want to take an xray as well to see if there are any stones present and if the bladder is extremely full.

I really hope he is ok!

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (47768 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (23477 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (15166 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (13360 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (23960 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (18853 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (61024 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (12295 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (14445 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (14542 views)