Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (8264 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (8033 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (13637 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (193324 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (32349 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (29371 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (15644 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (19269 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (11315 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (12369 views)