Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (8048 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (9919 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (23094 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (17784 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (9689 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (25750 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (3164 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (8762 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (7946 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (12715 views)