Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (6381 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (6460 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (44161 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (5806 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (11716 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (12365 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7974 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (13258 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (7845 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12311 views)