Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (17642 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (15548 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (12425 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (13627 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (13777 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (12647 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (13832 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (91976 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (8816 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (13080 views)