Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (27745 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (6894 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9356 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (67706 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (27767 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (29759 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (6939 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (12918 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (7738 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (55471 views)