Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (10906 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (31779 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (9558 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9944 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5926 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (46632 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6801 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (69377 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (11184 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (20804 views)