Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (20814 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (9620 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (10945 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (8140 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (34292 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (7366 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (7513 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (19413 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14893 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8639 views)