Bad odor from dog's behind.

Breed: Border Collie-lab
I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my dog's behind has A real bad odor.I thought that maybe there was to much fur by his butt so I trimed it and washed him a few times, expecially buy his but. The smell seemed to go away for one day then came right back? Could you please help me and tell me what I should do? And also do you think that It could be his food? Thanks

This sounds like it could be a problem with your dog's anal glands. Check out this page for more information:

Anal glands in dogs

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (12880 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (10666 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (29170 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (19300 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (27008 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (13342 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (11489 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (8808 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (12434 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (35277 views)