How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (18862 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11667 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25169 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (55495 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (12266 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15350 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38944 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (21039 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (5080 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (117148 views)