How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (6938 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (23893 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (11244 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (8932 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (28459 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (12394 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (24988 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (48886 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (10005 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (28838 views)