How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (10698 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (29040 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (6811 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5532 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (10113 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (40480 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (17380 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (5303 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (23232 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (38475 views)