How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16890 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (33162 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (19328 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (38947 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (7604 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (49716 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (6041 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (25597 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (13131 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (9724 views)