How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (17727 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (9832 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (16379 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (14029 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (8391 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (11517 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (15232 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (7040 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (13554 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (10801 views)