How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (22065 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (9876 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (230676 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (9117 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (8029 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (25477 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (12795 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (7821 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (4941 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (5697 views)