How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (13215 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (14143 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (9627 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (6528 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (12320 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (8482 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (28390 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (13522 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (12808 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (8789 views)