How often to vaccinate for parvo.

Breed: Fox Terria
Hi
How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo?
She was vaccinated May 2009.
Thank you
Daphne

Hi Daphne and thanks for your question.

Here is my vaccine schedule for parvo. At some point in a dog's life they need to have two parvo vaccines given approximately 3-5 weeks apart. Most dogs will have this done as puppies, but if we are vaccinating an adult dog who has never been vaccinated before then we will repeat the vaccine 3-5 weeks later.

The next vaccine is one year later.

We used to do parvo vaccination once yearly after this. However, newer research is showing that the antibodies will be effective for longer than we thought. So, what I do is vaccinate every 2 years and after a few years of this I may go to every 3.

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (11551 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13160 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (9719 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (7336 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (39905 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (14531 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (50625 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (24144 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9753 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (10149 views)