Why did my cat die?

Breed: brown tabby
my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when nedded it only took four days for him to become so ill called in a vet who said he was dying and gave him a shot to put him down. How can a cat be healthy one day and deadly sick in four. There was some raid sprayed for flies and I just know remember that. Could that have poisened my cat???

Thank you Lillian

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your cat passed away.

There are unfortunately a number of things that could cause these symptoms but no one will be able to say for sure without doing a post mortem exam.

It is extremely unlikely that the raid did any damage.

There are some things that are toxic to a cat's kidneys that could cause these symptoms including antifreeze or certain plants such as Easter Lilies.

It's also possible that he had a virus such as feline leukemia or FIV.

There are a great number of other possibilities including ingestion of a foreign object, a serious infection from a cat bite or scratch, a blood parasite as a result of fleas and many more.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I'm also so sorry for your loss.

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (11082 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (18944 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (12121 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (9772 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (43471 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (21892 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (11498 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (18278 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (24473 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (20125 views)