Why did my cat die?

Breed: brown tabby
my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when nedded it only took four days for him to become so ill called in a vet who said he was dying and gave him a shot to put him down. How can a cat be healthy one day and deadly sick in four. There was some raid sprayed for flies and I just know remember that. Could that have poisened my cat???

Thank you Lillian

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your cat passed away.

There are unfortunately a number of things that could cause these symptoms but no one will be able to say for sure without doing a post mortem exam.

It is extremely unlikely that the raid did any damage.

There are some things that are toxic to a cat's kidneys that could cause these symptoms including antifreeze or certain plants such as Easter Lilies.

It's also possible that he had a virus such as feline leukemia or FIV.

There are a great number of other possibilities including ingestion of a foreign object, a serious infection from a cat bite or scratch, a blood parasite as a result of fleas and many more.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I'm also so sorry for your loss.

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (6711 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5294 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (13437 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8164 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (29957 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7667 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (44632 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13538 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (22414 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (9705 views)