Why did my cat die?

Breed: brown tabby
my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when nedded it only took four days for him to become so ill called in a vet who said he was dying and gave him a shot to put him down. How can a cat be healthy one day and deadly sick in four. There was some raid sprayed for flies and I just know remember that. Could that have poisened my cat???

Thank you Lillian

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your cat passed away.

There are unfortunately a number of things that could cause these symptoms but no one will be able to say for sure without doing a post mortem exam.

It is extremely unlikely that the raid did any damage.

There are some things that are toxic to a cat's kidneys that could cause these symptoms including antifreeze or certain plants such as Easter Lilies.

It's also possible that he had a virus such as feline leukemia or FIV.

There are a great number of other possibilities including ingestion of a foreign object, a serious infection from a cat bite or scratch, a blood parasite as a result of fleas and many more.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I'm also so sorry for your loss.

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (31414 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14108 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (6850 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (19545 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (13869 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (43907 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (17855 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4384 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (10613 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9303 views)