Why did my cat die?

Breed: brown tabby
my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when nedded it only took four days for him to become so ill called in a vet who said he was dying and gave him a shot to put him down. How can a cat be healthy one day and deadly sick in four. There was some raid sprayed for flies and I just know remember that. Could that have poisened my cat???

Thank you Lillian

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your cat passed away.

There are unfortunately a number of things that could cause these symptoms but no one will be able to say for sure without doing a post mortem exam.

It is extremely unlikely that the raid did any damage.

There are some things that are toxic to a cat's kidneys that could cause these symptoms including antifreeze or certain plants such as Easter Lilies.

It's also possible that he had a virus such as feline leukemia or FIV.

There are a great number of other possibilities including ingestion of a foreign object, a serious infection from a cat bite or scratch, a blood parasite as a result of fleas and many more.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I'm also so sorry for your loss.

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9711 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (13107 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (14962 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (6212 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (17889 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (16611 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (26480 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (9351 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35579 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15613 views)