What kind of dog to get?

Breed: kelpie
My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new one.What type of dog is good 4 a family of 6 that has a rabbit and cay?

I'm sorry to hear that Toby passed away.

This is a tough question to answer. When someone is looking for a new dog I always recommend a visit to the local humane society to see what kind of dogs are there. Usually the staff will be quite good at telling you if the dog gets along with other animals.

Likely you will want to stay away from a herding breed of dog as the rabbit and cat may get chased.

I wish I could give you more info, but this is a very personal choice.

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (10618 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (9425 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (5401 views)

Vomiting pregnant cat. hello dr.vet my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago yesterday she started to vomit 5... (6868 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (6072 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (14426 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (23294 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5786 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (19381 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (14932 views)