What kind of dog to get?

Breed: kelpie
My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new one.What type of dog is good 4 a family of 6 that has a rabbit and cay?

I'm sorry to hear that Toby passed away.

This is a tough question to answer. When someone is looking for a new dog I always recommend a visit to the local humane society to see what kind of dogs are there. Usually the staff will be quite good at telling you if the dog gets along with other animals.

Likely you will want to stay away from a herding breed of dog as the rabbit and cat may get chased.

I wish I could give you more info, but this is a very personal choice.

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (9733 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (19473 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (23082 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (25774 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11175 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5582 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (11114 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (47755 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (17997 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (13343 views)