What kind of dog to get?

Breed: kelpie
My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new one.What type of dog is good 4 a family of 6 that has a rabbit and cay?

I'm sorry to hear that Toby passed away.

This is a tough question to answer. When someone is looking for a new dog I always recommend a visit to the local humane society to see what kind of dogs are there. Usually the staff will be quite good at telling you if the dog gets along with other animals.

Likely you will want to stay away from a herding breed of dog as the rabbit and cat may get chased.

I wish I could give you more info, but this is a very personal choice.

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (10006 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4606 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7077 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (21426 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (9948 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9092 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4134 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (7478 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (7838 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (10876 views)