Itchy cat.

Breed: Moggy
My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting himself and scratching in all areas of his body. I treated him for mites and it seemed to help. But now he is left with very thin fur at the base of his tail. He never seems to bite there anymore but I don't know what to do to get his fur back and in good condition. I thought perhaps he was scraping his back on the cat flap, but he is not a large cat and seems to go in and out okay. He is silver and the fur underneath is almost White so he does look a poor little thing !
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Dog itchy at base of tail

Itchy at base of tail and has scabs

Cat is licking himself and has scabs

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (16422 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (10529 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (26341 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (40448 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (14376 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (15709 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (16484 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (13024 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (10089 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (7601 views)