Itchy cat.

Breed: Moggy
My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting himself and scratching in all areas of his body. I treated him for mites and it seemed to help. But now he is left with very thin fur at the base of his tail. He never seems to bite there anymore but I don't know what to do to get his fur back and in good condition. I thought perhaps he was scraping his back on the cat flap, but he is not a large cat and seems to go in and out okay. He is silver and the fur underneath is almost White so he does look a poor little thing !
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Dog itchy at base of tail

Itchy at base of tail and has scabs

Cat is licking himself and has scabs

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (19270 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (5754 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7423 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (23292 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4546 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (28409 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (15489 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15290 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10661 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18370 views)