Itchy cat.

Breed: Moggy
My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting himself and scratching in all areas of his body. I treated him for mites and it seemed to help. But now he is left with very thin fur at the base of his tail. He never seems to bite there anymore but I don't know what to do to get his fur back and in good condition. I thought perhaps he was scraping his back on the cat flap, but he is not a large cat and seems to go in and out okay. He is silver and the fur underneath is almost White so he does look a poor little thing !
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Dog itchy at base of tail

Itchy at base of tail and has scabs

Cat is licking himself and has scabs

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (7718 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (14352 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (66433 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16064 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (17858 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (39201 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30969 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8602 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (7127 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10744 views)