Itchy cat.

Breed: Moggy
My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting himself and scratching in all areas of his body. I treated him for mites and it seemed to help. But now he is left with very thin fur at the base of his tail. He never seems to bite there anymore but I don't know what to do to get his fur back and in good condition. I thought perhaps he was scraping his back on the cat flap, but he is not a large cat and seems to go in and out okay. He is silver and the fur underneath is almost White so he does look a poor little thing !
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Dog itchy at base of tail

Itchy at base of tail and has scabs

Cat is licking himself and has scabs

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (15149 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (12582 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (10704 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31676 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (22181 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (58814 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (203977 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (18556 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (8706 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (141623 views)