Itchy cat.

Breed: Moggy
My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting himself and scratching in all areas of his body. I treated him for mites and it seemed to help. But now he is left with very thin fur at the base of his tail. He never seems to bite there anymore but I don't know what to do to get his fur back and in good condition. I thought perhaps he was scraping his back on the cat flap, but he is not a large cat and seems to go in and out okay. He is silver and the fur underneath is almost White so he does look a poor little thing !
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

Here are some similar questions that may help:

Dog itchy at base of tail

Itchy at base of tail and has scabs

Cat is licking himself and has scabs

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (20892 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (13322 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (8281 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19029 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (37347 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (13454 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (10010 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (90893 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (28292 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (12061 views)