Problems after ear cleaning.

Breed: Tabby
I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he had a bacteria yeast infection..afterwards i have him animax for about two weeks,..since the whole ordeal, he does not seem to respond to any sound at all, like he has gone deaf..also, his third eyelids have been showing and he suddenly stopped eating his hard food, which he LOVED before all this...do i need to be concerned? when i called my vet, he didn't seem to be..just told me to "wait it out," ..i don't wish to wait if my cat will be deaf forever! :(

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Tigger is having these problems.

This does definitely sound like something that should be checked out. The deafness and raised third eyelids have me concerned that there may be some damage to his inner ear.

Sometimes if we are seeing these symptoms it can mean that the eardrum has been damaged (perhaps during the cleaning or perhaps because of the infection.) It is important to note though that there are some cats who can have severe eardrum problems after even a very gentle cleaning. We don't know why some cats are so sensitive.

It is also possible that there is a middle or inner ear infection present. If this is the case we usually stop the medicines in the ear and prescribe oral antibiotics.

I would highly advise that you have your vet take another look at Tigger!

Hope everything is ok!

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (10726 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (11129 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (24329 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (7391 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (33313 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (16333 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (16549 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (11927 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (27813 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (12905 views)