Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (17268 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7480 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5464 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7649 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (10002 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (19790 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (28419 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (64229 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (18184 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (26663 views)