Do cats get chicken pox?

it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (27355 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (16997 views)

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (34590 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (26760 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (3667 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (14918 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (16485 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (5544 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (9926 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (3497 views)