Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (6366 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (5192 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (26307 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (10762 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (5645 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (11721 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (5426 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (8831 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (22897 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (5862 views)