Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (13947 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (11775 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (20243 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (15193 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (11500 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (15611 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (10063 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (15747 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (9509 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8695 views)