Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (6345 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (4683 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (10675 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10090 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11150 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7530 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4463 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3882 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6012 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (9005 views)