Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (11824 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (12092 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (7651 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (13386 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10767 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (14988 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (44400 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (11451 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7713 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (27406 views)