Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (12788 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (10289 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (11282 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (13607 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (14018 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (34977 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (14834 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (25032 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (6937 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (28712 views)