Do cats get chicken pox?

Breed:
it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox on a human and i stroked him what does this cat have?

Cats can't get chicken pox, so you don't need to worry about that.

There are a few things that can cause bald spots or bumps like chicken pox on a cat. The first would be an allergy to something. One possibility is if your cat has fleas. It is often hard to tell as cats can hide fleas really well. I wrote an article about how to tell if your pet has fleas.

Another possibility is some type of skin infection. If this is the case, he is going to need antibiotics.

There are other possibilities such as ringworm which is a fungal infection. Ringworm is contagious to people.

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (22450 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (6640 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (10311 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (23495 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (14216 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (24567 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (15540 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (35936 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7156 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (13497 views)