Pit bull has pus and is off balance.

Breed: pitbull
Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog has been sick for about a week now, she is lethargic, off balance, there is puss coming from her nose, and she sometimes shakes her head. she is eating regularly and drinking water, no vomiting or bad stool. I dont know what to do! please help. Thanks josh.

This sounds serious and Franny should see a vet right away.

She may have a serious virus such as distemper. Or, she could have a bad case of kennel cough, but it does sound more serious than this.

If she has pus coming from her nose then she needs antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Please don't wait too long. It sounds like she is really sick!

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (15220 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (545719 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (5537 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (34408 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19869 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (19243 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (8573 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (17351 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10646 views)

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (7408 views)