Pit bull has pus and is off balance.

Breed: pitbull
Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog has been sick for about a week now, she is lethargic, off balance, there is puss coming from her nose, and she sometimes shakes her head. she is eating regularly and drinking water, no vomiting or bad stool. I dont know what to do! please help. Thanks josh.

This sounds serious and Franny should see a vet right away.

She may have a serious virus such as distemper. Or, she could have a bad case of kennel cough, but it does sound more serious than this.

If she has pus coming from her nose then she needs antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Please don't wait too long. It sounds like she is really sick!

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (13516 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (19347 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12428 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14428 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23989 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13422 views)

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (8441 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (39525 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (35224 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9950 views)