Pit bull has pus and is off balance.

Breed: pitbull
Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog has been sick for about a week now, she is lethargic, off balance, there is puss coming from her nose, and she sometimes shakes her head. she is eating regularly and drinking water, no vomiting or bad stool. I dont know what to do! please help. Thanks josh.

This sounds serious and Franny should see a vet right away.

She may have a serious virus such as distemper. Or, she could have a bad case of kennel cough, but it does sound more serious than this.

If she has pus coming from her nose then she needs antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Please don't wait too long. It sounds like she is really sick!

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (11391 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (14805 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (98967 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19812 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (14959 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (21103 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (19703 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (18887 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (11335 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (10181 views)