Pit bull has pus and is off balance.

Breed: pitbull
Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog has been sick for about a week now, she is lethargic, off balance, there is puss coming from her nose, and she sometimes shakes her head. she is eating regularly and drinking water, no vomiting or bad stool. I dont know what to do! please help. Thanks josh.

This sounds serious and Franny should see a vet right away.

She may have a serious virus such as distemper. Or, she could have a bad case of kennel cough, but it does sound more serious than this.

If she has pus coming from her nose then she needs antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

Please don't wait too long. It sounds like she is really sick!

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (8199 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9612 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (26684 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (8617 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (9533 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (6786 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (130622 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (13029 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (14758 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (13561 views)