Dog barked during euthanasia.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
Hi

Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought it was suppose to be a peaceful situation? but when the vet put the needle in there was no sound from my dog, after 5secs or so he barked and tried to take his paw away from the needle ?

Sometimes this does happen. But when it does, the dog is not aware of what is happening. We think that this is a form of a muscle spasm that dogs get.

The medication that we use for euthanasia causes complete anesthesia of the brain first. This means that your dog was totally unaware of what was happening.

I would say that in my experience about 1 in 10 dogs will make a noise as they pass away.

So sorry for your loss.

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (26011 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (33017 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (27335 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (12400 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7811 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (6807 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (10205 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (99860 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (13774 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (10004 views)