Dog barked during euthanasia.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
Hi

Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought it was suppose to be a peaceful situation? but when the vet put the needle in there was no sound from my dog, after 5secs or so he barked and tried to take his paw away from the needle ?

Sometimes this does happen. But when it does, the dog is not aware of what is happening. We think that this is a form of a muscle spasm that dogs get.

The medication that we use for euthanasia causes complete anesthesia of the brain first. This means that your dog was totally unaware of what was happening.

I would say that in my experience about 1 in 10 dogs will make a noise as they pass away.

So sorry for your loss.

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (21150 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (14838 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (27379 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (12300 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (21677 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (26399 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (28468 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (11230 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (16992 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (9450 views)