Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10026 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (17751 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (7541 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (6015 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6416 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (7669 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4196 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42164 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (12783 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (13333 views)