Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (23539 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (13686 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (14248 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (8526 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (28051 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (13019 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (5903 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8546 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (10477 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (11097 views)