Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (10045 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13566 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (16073 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (7949 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (11922 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (18997 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (9877 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (10847 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (20581 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (12438 views)