Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8601 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24926 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (13003 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (13228 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8985 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46104 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (5414 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (18430 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8827 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (33334 views)