Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (43172 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (39788 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (11885 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (29517 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (12538 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (8478 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (11027 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (15448 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (11316 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (16127 views)