Dog with small pink lump.

Breed: springer spaniel X
My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't seem to hurt her in any way if you touch it. She has had it for a while now, do you know what it may be and do I need to see my local veterinarian? Thankyou.

It's always hard to talk about lumps online, but let me give you some of criteria to help you decide how serious this could be.

Most cancerous lumps will be irregular and just ugly looking. Often they are dark and angry looking in color. The vast majority of the time a smooth pink lump is nothing to worry about.

It could be a cyst or a wart.

However, if you think it is darker than light pink then there is a possibility it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is more serious. These tumors don't always look angry as I described above.

If it is not growing and is not bothersome I think it is ok to wait until your next scheduled vet visit to get it checked out. But, if it starts to grow, gets irritating to the dog, or is changing color or consistency then a vet visit is a good idea.

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (19270 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (10138 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (41565 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (242869 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (12505 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (18463 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (27535 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (19435 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (13148 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (40894 views)