Wounds not healing.

Breed: Tortiose shell tom
My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went out, he had been attacked by something...cut in ear, across nose, a few patches of fur missing...im guessing another cat. He developed a swollen spot on his neck that looked like it also had a small "cut" on it. Few days later, its leaking yellowish diacharge. I cleaned it with soap an water, and put triple antibiotic ointment on it. It started to heal. Week later, happened again. The leakage actually reoccurs every couple of weeks still. I do the same treatment everytime. The discharge is tinged with blood now. During "healing process", fur grows back and I keep eye on it but, I did notice this last time, Boo scratched it with his own paw and openwd it back up. Boo has had no change in appetite, mood, or stools during this time. I havent taken him to a vet for this yet but, talked to one. They said if it was healing, he should be fine. I havent talked to them since it has reoccured.

Your cat definitely needs to see a vet and get some proper antibiotics! When a cat receives a bite or scratch from another animal (especially a cat) the risk for infection is high. Most likely the medicated treatments that you are using (i.e. antibiotic cream) have a mild effect but are not strong enough to completely heal the infection.

Your vet will likely either prescribe some oral antibiotics or give an injection of a long lasting antibiotic called Convenia.

If for some reason, Boo is still not healing after this, then your vet may want to check his blood to make sure he doesn't have an immune system problem such as FIV or Feline Leukemia. But, my guess is that some proper antibiotics will clear this up completely.

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (7595 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (12627 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (10192 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (23332 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (6310 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (10996 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (8405 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (23518 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (10621 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (14569 views)