Human medicine for cats?

Breed: inbreed
Dear Whom ever it concerns,
Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months ago from a barn and she is inbreed. When I got her everything seemed like she was healthy except she had a bit of a cold, like she was congested. And ever since I had her she has been sneezing a lot and that's it and snot would come out of her nose when she did. So, my friend told me to get some children medicine from the store and give her like 1/2 a tablespoon so I tried putting it in her food, she didn't touch it. So I put it in her water, she still didn't touch it. So I just gave up. Well, today I woke up and she had a hard time breathing and when she tried to sneeze nothing would come out and she still couldn't breathe. So, I looked through the house and found a sringe and I put 1/2 tbs of equate, children's allergy relief and I put the sringe in the side of her mouth and gave it to her. Two seconds later she started foaming at the mouth. Now, I don't know her weight and she never had any of her shots. So my question is this; Is it normal for a cat to foam at the mouth when giving it human medicine? Or is it something I should be concerned with?
Thank you,
Lindsey

Never ever give human medicine to cats. Some of them can be fatal. If this medicine contains tylenol (acetominophen) it can potentially kill a cat.

Regarding the respiratory problems, you may get some help from reading this previous question:

Respiratory virus in cats.

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (33893 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (7788 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (107736 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (9568 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (18372 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (71116 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7897 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (5230 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (26839 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17895 views)