Human medicine for cats?

Breed: inbreed
Dear Whom ever it concerns,
Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months ago from a barn and she is inbreed. When I got her everything seemed like she was healthy except she had a bit of a cold, like she was congested. And ever since I had her she has been sneezing a lot and that's it and snot would come out of her nose when she did. So, my friend told me to get some children medicine from the store and give her like 1/2 a tablespoon so I tried putting it in her food, she didn't touch it. So I put it in her water, she still didn't touch it. So I just gave up. Well, today I woke up and she had a hard time breathing and when she tried to sneeze nothing would come out and she still couldn't breathe. So, I looked through the house and found a sringe and I put 1/2 tbs of equate, children's allergy relief and I put the sringe in the side of her mouth and gave it to her. Two seconds later she started foaming at the mouth. Now, I don't know her weight and she never had any of her shots. So my question is this; Is it normal for a cat to foam at the mouth when giving it human medicine? Or is it something I should be concerned with?
Thank you,
Lindsey

Never ever give human medicine to cats. Some of them can be fatal. If this medicine contains tylenol (acetominophen) it can potentially kill a cat.

Regarding the respiratory problems, you may get some help from reading this previous question:

Respiratory virus in cats.

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10765 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (24094 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (10072 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (10079 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (11009 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17141 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (59245 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10881 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7245 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (11118 views)