Human medicine for cats?

Breed: inbreed
Dear Whom ever it concerns,
Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months ago from a barn and she is inbreed. When I got her everything seemed like she was healthy except she had a bit of a cold, like she was congested. And ever since I had her she has been sneezing a lot and that's it and snot would come out of her nose when she did. So, my friend told me to get some children medicine from the store and give her like 1/2 a tablespoon so I tried putting it in her food, she didn't touch it. So I put it in her water, she still didn't touch it. So I just gave up. Well, today I woke up and she had a hard time breathing and when she tried to sneeze nothing would come out and she still couldn't breathe. So, I looked through the house and found a sringe and I put 1/2 tbs of equate, children's allergy relief and I put the sringe in the side of her mouth and gave it to her. Two seconds later she started foaming at the mouth. Now, I don't know her weight and she never had any of her shots. So my question is this; Is it normal for a cat to foam at the mouth when giving it human medicine? Or is it something I should be concerned with?
Thank you,
Lindsey

Never ever give human medicine to cats. Some of them can be fatal. If this medicine contains tylenol (acetominophen) it can potentially kill a cat.

Regarding the respiratory problems, you may get some help from reading this previous question:

Respiratory virus in cats.

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7115 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8368 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11143 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (47441 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18676 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (15570 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (10318 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11248 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9155 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18506 views)