Human medicine for cats?

Breed: inbreed
Dear Whom ever it concerns,
Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months ago from a barn and she is inbreed. When I got her everything seemed like she was healthy except she had a bit of a cold, like she was congested. And ever since I had her she has been sneezing a lot and that's it and snot would come out of her nose when she did. So, my friend told me to get some children medicine from the store and give her like 1/2 a tablespoon so I tried putting it in her food, she didn't touch it. So I put it in her water, she still didn't touch it. So I just gave up. Well, today I woke up and she had a hard time breathing and when she tried to sneeze nothing would come out and she still couldn't breathe. So, I looked through the house and found a sringe and I put 1/2 tbs of equate, children's allergy relief and I put the sringe in the side of her mouth and gave it to her. Two seconds later she started foaming at the mouth. Now, I don't know her weight and she never had any of her shots. So my question is this; Is it normal for a cat to foam at the mouth when giving it human medicine? Or is it something I should be concerned with?
Thank you,
Lindsey

Never ever give human medicine to cats. Some of them can be fatal. If this medicine contains tylenol (acetominophen) it can potentially kill a cat.

Regarding the respiratory problems, you may get some help from reading this previous question:

Respiratory virus in cats.

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (9688 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (5219 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (5161 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10924 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (56095 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (67395 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (10172 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (14051 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (9640 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (7515 views)