13 year old cat losing weight.

Breed: medium hair tabby
I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had some diarrhea. Baby eats okay and drinks plenty of water, and just recently noticed that he started drooling a little. Wondering if there could be an issue with his mouth or teeth.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store! When an older cat starts to lose weight and is eating well then the first thing I think of is hyperthyroidism. Other possibilities include diabetes or renal disease.

A dental problem is possible, but the first three are more likely.

These are all treatable diseases if we catch them early enough.

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (7776 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (22273 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (56571 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (11543 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (19702 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (8542 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (37276 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (18235 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (7955 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (96635 views)