13 year old cat losing weight.

Breed: medium hair tabby
I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had some diarrhea. Baby eats okay and drinks plenty of water, and just recently noticed that he started drooling a little. Wondering if there could be an issue with his mouth or teeth.

Sounds like a vet visit is in store! When an older cat starts to lose weight and is eating well then the first thing I think of is hyperthyroidism. Other possibilities include diabetes or renal disease.

A dental problem is possible, but the first three are more likely.

These are all treatable diseases if we catch them early enough.

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (22746 views)

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (22295 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (6012 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12391 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (26108 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (8139 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6496 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (19125 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (25777 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (6543 views)