Old cat with lump on paw.

Breed: She's a mix/she's br
Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her ability to eat food. she has an inflamed heel on her left front paw which limits her mobility. her foot hasn't been a problem but now with it being hot here in Texas she's been living in the garage. She used to weigh 16 pounds but she's done to about half her normal size. What can I give to nourish her apetite back to normal?

When I pick her up she cries like she's asking for help
but she won' eat her regular food. Can I give her a formula with an eyedropper or something that can nourish her?

Wtih her advanced age, I don't want to have her putdown. Do you have any ideas on what I can do for our cat.

She's white & brown all over with a thick full coat that sheds hairs every where she goes, if that will help your diagnosis.

The heel of her front left paw has inflamed to the size of a marble and sometimes it bleeds. She's had it for about two months. Thank you for any help for our cat.

Oh, sorry to hear that Mamakitty is not doing well. I do really get concerned when an older cat is losing weight and not eating well. It is usually a sign that there is a serious medical condition.

I'm concerned that the lump on her foot may be a tumor. It is also possible that it is an area of infection though. If it's at all possible to have a vet take a look at her that would be great. If it is an infection then there is a chance that we could make her better with antibiotics. If this is the case then oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet would be necessary.

If she is not eating it could be that she has some underlying disease such as kidney disease which is relatively common in older cats. While we do have some things we can do for kidney disease there is no complete cure for it.

Until you can get her to a vet here are a few things you can do to help her to eat. You can heat up some canned food or add some warm water to it. You can offer her tuna juice. And yes, you can offer small amounts of baby food as well.

Ideally though it would be best to have your vet do an exam and possibly some bloodwork to determine what is going on and find out if we can do anything to help her.

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (7624 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (14009 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8150 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7320 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (11206 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5214 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10492 views)

Underweight dog. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs, one of whom, Mushka (mixed breed), has been... (10883 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (19808 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (10936 views)