Old cat with lump on paw.

Breed: She's a mix/she's br
Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her ability to eat food. she has an inflamed heel on her left front paw which limits her mobility. her foot hasn't been a problem but now with it being hot here in Texas she's been living in the garage. She used to weigh 16 pounds but she's done to about half her normal size. What can I give to nourish her apetite back to normal?

When I pick her up she cries like she's asking for help
but she won' eat her regular food. Can I give her a formula with an eyedropper or something that can nourish her?

Wtih her advanced age, I don't want to have her putdown. Do you have any ideas on what I can do for our cat.

She's white & brown all over with a thick full coat that sheds hairs every where she goes, if that will help your diagnosis.

The heel of her front left paw has inflamed to the size of a marble and sometimes it bleeds. She's had it for about two months. Thank you for any help for our cat.

Oh, sorry to hear that Mamakitty is not doing well. I do really get concerned when an older cat is losing weight and not eating well. It is usually a sign that there is a serious medical condition.

I'm concerned that the lump on her foot may be a tumor. It is also possible that it is an area of infection though. If it's at all possible to have a vet take a look at her that would be great. If it is an infection then there is a chance that we could make her better with antibiotics. If this is the case then oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet would be necessary.

If she is not eating it could be that she has some underlying disease such as kidney disease which is relatively common in older cats. While we do have some things we can do for kidney disease there is no complete cure for it.

Until you can get her to a vet here are a few things you can do to help her to eat. You can heat up some canned food or add some warm water to it. You can offer her tuna juice. And yes, you can offer small amounts of baby food as well.

Ideally though it would be best to have your vet do an exam and possibly some bloodwork to determine what is going on and find out if we can do anything to help her.

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (218263 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (6427 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (12735 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (11867 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (67167 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (12694 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (10180 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (9680 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (35018 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (15536 views)