Old cat with lump on paw.

Breed: She's a mix/she's br
Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her ability to eat food. she has an inflamed heel on her left front paw which limits her mobility. her foot hasn't been a problem but now with it being hot here in Texas she's been living in the garage. She used to weigh 16 pounds but she's done to about half her normal size. What can I give to nourish her apetite back to normal?

When I pick her up she cries like she's asking for help
but she won' eat her regular food. Can I give her a formula with an eyedropper or something that can nourish her?

Wtih her advanced age, I don't want to have her putdown. Do you have any ideas on what I can do for our cat.

She's white & brown all over with a thick full coat that sheds hairs every where she goes, if that will help your diagnosis.

The heel of her front left paw has inflamed to the size of a marble and sometimes it bleeds. She's had it for about two months. Thank you for any help for our cat.

Oh, sorry to hear that Mamakitty is not doing well. I do really get concerned when an older cat is losing weight and not eating well. It is usually a sign that there is a serious medical condition.

I'm concerned that the lump on her foot may be a tumor. It is also possible that it is an area of infection though. If it's at all possible to have a vet take a look at her that would be great. If it is an infection then there is a chance that we could make her better with antibiotics. If this is the case then oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet would be necessary.

If she is not eating it could be that she has some underlying disease such as kidney disease which is relatively common in older cats. While we do have some things we can do for kidney disease there is no complete cure for it.

Until you can get her to a vet here are a few things you can do to help her to eat. You can heat up some canned food or add some warm water to it. You can offer her tuna juice. And yes, you can offer small amounts of baby food as well.

Ideally though it would be best to have your vet do an exam and possibly some bloodwork to determine what is going on and find out if we can do anything to help her.

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (6428 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (13938 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9726 views)

Dwarf hamsters fighting. HI DOC. , I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY... (15382 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (8511 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (38634 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (25412 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (21100 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (18967 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (17400 views)