Old cat with lump on paw.

Breed: She's a mix/she's br
Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her ability to eat food. she has an inflamed heel on her left front paw which limits her mobility. her foot hasn't been a problem but now with it being hot here in Texas she's been living in the garage. She used to weigh 16 pounds but she's done to about half her normal size. What can I give to nourish her apetite back to normal?

When I pick her up she cries like she's asking for help
but she won' eat her regular food. Can I give her a formula with an eyedropper or something that can nourish her?

Wtih her advanced age, I don't want to have her putdown. Do you have any ideas on what I can do for our cat.

She's white & brown all over with a thick full coat that sheds hairs every where she goes, if that will help your diagnosis.

The heel of her front left paw has inflamed to the size of a marble and sometimes it bleeds. She's had it for about two months. Thank you for any help for our cat.

Oh, sorry to hear that Mamakitty is not doing well. I do really get concerned when an older cat is losing weight and not eating well. It is usually a sign that there is a serious medical condition.

I'm concerned that the lump on her foot may be a tumor. It is also possible that it is an area of infection though. If it's at all possible to have a vet take a look at her that would be great. If it is an infection then there is a chance that we could make her better with antibiotics. If this is the case then oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet would be necessary.

If she is not eating it could be that she has some underlying disease such as kidney disease which is relatively common in older cats. While we do have some things we can do for kidney disease there is no complete cure for it.

Until you can get her to a vet here are a few things you can do to help her to eat. You can heat up some canned food or add some warm water to it. You can offer her tuna juice. And yes, you can offer small amounts of baby food as well.

Ideally though it would be best to have your vet do an exam and possibly some bloodwork to determine what is going on and find out if we can do anything to help her.

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (16002 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9989 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (8351 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (6993 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21985 views)

Licking at private parts. I have a Indoor Male Maine Coon Cat 3 years 9mnths old, Eats 4 times a day Raw food... (11616 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (178883 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (43585 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32918 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (9268 views)