Cat has swollen foot.

Breed: unknown
I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot and its infected. The foot is extremely swollen and he's two days into his antibiotics and his foot is still getting bigger. Is this normal? Is there a way to release the pressure?

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is not improving after receiving antibiotics. It is very important that Colbalt sees the vet immediately again.

He may need antibiotics given intravenously. They may also need ot do some surgery on his foot. Additionally, they may want to take some xrays to make sure that this is not something more severe than an infection but possibly also a fracture as well.

Please don't try to release the pressure on your own...it would not be humane to do so. I hope things work out ok!

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (8737 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (8519 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (48123 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (17556 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (27885 views)

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (14906 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (7663 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (27758 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (46722 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (43564 views)