Cat has swollen foot.

Breed: unknown
I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot and its infected. The foot is extremely swollen and he's two days into his antibiotics and his foot is still getting bigger. Is this normal? Is there a way to release the pressure?

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is not improving after receiving antibiotics. It is very important that Colbalt sees the vet immediately again.

He may need antibiotics given intravenously. They may also need ot do some surgery on his foot. Additionally, they may want to take some xrays to make sure that this is not something more severe than an infection but possibly also a fracture as well.

Please don't try to release the pressure on your own...it would not be humane to do so. I hope things work out ok!

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6224 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (33982 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4534 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7326 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (10528 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9440 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (14890 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (75082 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (37272 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (10431 views)