Cat has swollen foot.

Breed: unknown
I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot and its infected. The foot is extremely swollen and he's two days into his antibiotics and his foot is still getting bigger. Is this normal? Is there a way to release the pressure?

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is not improving after receiving antibiotics. It is very important that Colbalt sees the vet immediately again.

He may need antibiotics given intravenously. They may also need ot do some surgery on his foot. Additionally, they may want to take some xrays to make sure that this is not something more severe than an infection but possibly also a fracture as well.

Please don't try to release the pressure on your own...it would not be humane to do so. I hope things work out ok!

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (6615 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11970 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (7697 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7453 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (50445 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13343 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (21256 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4813 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22289 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (32034 views)