Cat has swollen foot.

Breed: unknown
I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot and its infected. The foot is extremely swollen and he's two days into his antibiotics and his foot is still getting bigger. Is this normal? Is there a way to release the pressure?

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is not improving after receiving antibiotics. It is very important that Colbalt sees the vet immediately again.

He may need antibiotics given intravenously. They may also need ot do some surgery on his foot. Additionally, they may want to take some xrays to make sure that this is not something more severe than an infection but possibly also a fracture as well.

Please don't try to release the pressure on your own...it would not be humane to do so. I hope things work out ok!

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (31467 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (86514 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (16803 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11710 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (10058 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (15956 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (35627 views)

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (11731 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (25934 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (13550 views)