Cat has swollen foot.

Breed: unknown
I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot and its infected. The foot is extremely swollen and he's two days into his antibiotics and his foot is still getting bigger. Is this normal? Is there a way to release the pressure?

I'm sorry to hear that your cat is not improving after receiving antibiotics. It is very important that Colbalt sees the vet immediately again.

He may need antibiotics given intravenously. They may also need ot do some surgery on his foot. Additionally, they may want to take some xrays to make sure that this is not something more severe than an infection but possibly also a fracture as well.

Please don't try to release the pressure on your own...it would not be humane to do so. I hope things work out ok!

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (22856 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (12704 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (19568 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (35060 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (8404 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13497 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11814 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (16015 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (8587 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (40646 views)