Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog.

Breed: Pitbull
My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit bull and he is really sweet. Can you give me some reasons I can use to tell him why he should be neutered. My b/f doesn't want to do it.

In my opinion though the benefits from neutering by far outweigh the risks. Here are some good reasons to neuter a male dog:

He will not get prostate cancer or testicular cancer.

There is no chance of scrotal or testicular or prostate infections.

There is a much lower chance of aggression as there is no testosterone.

I don't believe it is fair for a male dog to have testosterone and feel sexual urges and never have opportunity to breed. He will be able to tell if there is a female in heat within miles of your house.

There is a much lower chance of him fighting with other dogs.

There is a much lower chance of him roaming or running away.

Thanks Dr. Marie!

You're very welcome! Hope you win the argument!

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (14104 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6523 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (10042 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20876 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7194 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (5354 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (11794 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9625 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (11423 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9804 views)