Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (13536 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (17124 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (25547 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (14098 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (8766 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (11511 views)

Cat with broken pelvis-not eating. My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed,... (11410 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5950 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (7138 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (25295 views)