Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (25709 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11061 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (89951 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25179 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4697 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (10685 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11919 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5141 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7016 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (13794 views)