Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (10503 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (10287 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (7439 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (56902 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (12495 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (12065 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (47521 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (12851 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (15014 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (17964 views)