Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (20372 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (6315 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (7359 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (8924 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (19623 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (56621 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (21614 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (25402 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (8929 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (12192 views)