Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (8161 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36635 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (14742 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12772 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (22193 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (6832 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9303 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (11391 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (10601 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (16118 views)