Dog with swollen shoulder.

Breed: Jack Russel
There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if you toutch it it feels like a water ballon I want to know wats wrong with her before I take her to the vet. Please help me my grandma give me her before she died :C

Sorry to hear that Miley is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without actually being able to see her, but I'll give you some of my thoughts.

My first thought is that perhaps this is an abscess. An abscess is an infection as the result of a penetrating wound. Often the cause of the wound is not found. If it is an abscess you will need to have your vet open it up and then put her on antibiotics.

It doesn't sound like a tumor as these do not usually feel fluid filled.

Another possibility is a large bruise or even a fracture on the shoulder. This would be the result of some type of trauma.

It does sound like she should see the vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious!

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (18110 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19898 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (34126 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (50391 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11309 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (15104 views)

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (12023 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9885 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (8187 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (16013 views)