Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (4738 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (6309 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (26920 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (4217 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9064 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (3934 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (19066 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (6328 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (7460 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (12409 views)