Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (5264 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (27124 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6911 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10631 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (16742 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8690 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24077 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (83214 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34899 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9374 views)