Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (64152 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9307 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6830 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (10350 views)

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (10206 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (17874 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10718 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15858 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (11909 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (6246 views)