Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (23473 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (4178 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (17131 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (4557 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (20742 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (18008 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (9460 views)

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (4361 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (42625 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (14920 views)