Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8484 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (8692 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (6654 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (4426 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10727 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (9070 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (20837 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (20235 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10315 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10085 views)