Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (28000 views)

Dog with bloody stool. Hi, I mistakenly changed my dog's food without mixing which I now know is a big... (12155 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (7739 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (19717 views)

Blood tinged urine. Dr. Marie, My cat does not pee in her litterbox. Instead she will pee right... (10908 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (13763 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18554 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (8803 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (25595 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (17762 views)