Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11175 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (18959 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56463 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8064 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (7317 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (14116 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (13573 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (53354 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8499 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome hi i had my cat spayed a year ago and she went back into heat (full blown moaning... (16369 views)