Itchy smelly dark skin.

Breed: Native Philippine Do
Good day!

I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet for an online veterinary consultation and i luckily found you site. I hope you can help my dog regarding her illness. She feels very itchy all the time and her skin already changed in color and in texture. It started with her ears and it spread to her neck and now including her body. Another thing is that it is very smelly. I am really looking forward for your help.

Thank you very much!

There are a number of things that can cause these issues. I'm guessing that allergies are a factor, but of course I can't say for certain without examining your dog.

The odor, however, tells me that there is infection present. She may have a yeast infection in her skin or possibly a bacterial infection.

The color change means that there has been chronic infection or irritation. Sometimes a dark color change can be a sign of a thyroid problem.

I'm not sure what your vet situation is like in the Philippines, but this is a case that really does need to see a veterinarian.

I hope things look up soon!

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (9690 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (9458 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (17094 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (9182 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (26328 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (9725 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (12158 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (43401 views)

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (55017 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (22393 views)