Kitten eating her feces.

Breed: bengal cross
My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why please could you help me?

Sorry to hear that Kizzy is having problems.

In all of my years of practice I have never dealt with a kitten who was eating her own feces. (Lots of dogs do this, but I have never seen a kitten do it.)

My first concern would be that there is a medical issue here. Is it possible that the kitten is trying to eat the litter rather than the stool? Some cats will eat litter if they are anemic (low in red blood cells).

It is also possible that there is a metabolic problem that is causing stool to travel through without being totally digested. If this were the case then it would smell like food and possibly she would want to eat it.

There is a product called Forbid that you can feed a cat and it makes their feces taste horrible. It is meant for dogs but is safe for cats.

However, it does sound like it is a good idea to have your vet check her out.

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (10008 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5075 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16533 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (16281 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (13178 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (19184 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (146358 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13358 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10611 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (34426 views)