Kitten eating her feces.

Breed: bengal cross
My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why please could you help me?

Sorry to hear that Kizzy is having problems.

In all of my years of practice I have never dealt with a kitten who was eating her own feces. (Lots of dogs do this, but I have never seen a kitten do it.)

My first concern would be that there is a medical issue here. Is it possible that the kitten is trying to eat the litter rather than the stool? Some cats will eat litter if they are anemic (low in red blood cells).

It is also possible that there is a metabolic problem that is causing stool to travel through without being totally digested. If this were the case then it would smell like food and possibly she would want to eat it.

There is a product called Forbid that you can feed a cat and it makes their feces taste horrible. It is meant for dogs but is safe for cats.

However, it does sound like it is a good idea to have your vet check her out.

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (21545 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (7866 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (24536 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5550 views)

Is my dog overheating? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a simple question. Max is now a 74 lb 1yr old... (8695 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (18327 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8244 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (22367 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9714 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (6117 views)