Kitten eating her feces.

Breed: bengal cross
My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why please could you help me?

Sorry to hear that Kizzy is having problems.

In all of my years of practice I have never dealt with a kitten who was eating her own feces. (Lots of dogs do this, but I have never seen a kitten do it.)

My first concern would be that there is a medical issue here. Is it possible that the kitten is trying to eat the litter rather than the stool? Some cats will eat litter if they are anemic (low in red blood cells).

It is also possible that there is a metabolic problem that is causing stool to travel through without being totally digested. If this were the case then it would smell like food and possibly she would want to eat it.

There is a product called Forbid that you can feed a cat and it makes their feces taste horrible. It is meant for dogs but is safe for cats.

However, it does sound like it is a good idea to have your vet check her out.

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (10337 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (9970 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (6818 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (57981 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (19747 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13642 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (19456 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (7585 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (9172 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (11308 views)