Kitten eating her feces.

Breed: bengal cross
My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why please could you help me?

Sorry to hear that Kizzy is having problems.

In all of my years of practice I have never dealt with a kitten who was eating her own feces. (Lots of dogs do this, but I have never seen a kitten do it.)

My first concern would be that there is a medical issue here. Is it possible that the kitten is trying to eat the litter rather than the stool? Some cats will eat litter if they are anemic (low in red blood cells).

It is also possible that there is a metabolic problem that is causing stool to travel through without being totally digested. If this were the case then it would smell like food and possibly she would want to eat it.

There is a product called Forbid that you can feed a cat and it makes their feces taste horrible. It is meant for dogs but is safe for cats.

However, it does sound like it is a good idea to have your vet check her out.

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (17758 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (26607 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (20536 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (17228 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (11074 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (11074 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (11297 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (6453 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (17291 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (18827 views)