Kitten eating her feces.

Breed: bengal cross
My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why please could you help me?

Sorry to hear that Kizzy is having problems.

In all of my years of practice I have never dealt with a kitten who was eating her own feces. (Lots of dogs do this, but I have never seen a kitten do it.)

My first concern would be that there is a medical issue here. Is it possible that the kitten is trying to eat the litter rather than the stool? Some cats will eat litter if they are anemic (low in red blood cells).

It is also possible that there is a metabolic problem that is causing stool to travel through without being totally digested. If this were the case then it would smell like food and possibly she would want to eat it.

There is a product called Forbid that you can feed a cat and it makes their feces taste horrible. It is meant for dogs but is safe for cats.

However, it does sound like it is a good idea to have your vet check her out.

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (7773 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (6109 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7034 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (9272 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (12917 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6194 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (4729 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (18802 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (22236 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (15476 views)