Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (10841 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11554 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (27276 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14312 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (6800 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23508 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16988 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4392 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24568 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18484 views)