Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (108554 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (40891 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (13648 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7980 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (14446 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (20444 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8901 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (9627 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (11865 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (15705 views)