Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (12860 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (19634 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (30485 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10653 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (11833 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (16855 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (31269 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (10237 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (8798 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (12105 views)