Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (78772 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (8177 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (8617 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (21471 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (9189 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (12932 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8524 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (8345 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (58721 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (26476 views)