Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (28147 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10062 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5393 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (10241 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7563 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (13295 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (222867 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10512 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (7504 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9611 views)