Hamster biting leg

Breed: Dwaf
Hi
Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old Russian dwaf hamster and it keeps biting it's leg!!

Iam realy worrid what is wrong with him I'll do anything
from jasmin ( a worrid owner)

Sorry to hear that little Sprog is having a problem.

This will be tough to answer without actually examining him.

Do you see any lesions on the leg where he is biting? If so, it may be that he has a skin infection or an abscess. This is common if he is housed with other hamsters, but can happen to any hamster.

Is he walking on the leg? It's possible that he has fractured his leg and he is biting at it because of pain.

It's also possible that he has something called demodex which are mites which can cause itchiness.

While it is possible for hamster to bite a particular area on his body because of boredom, there usually is an underlying medical cause.

I would definitely recommend a visit to a hamster vet.

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12720 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9130 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (11281 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (13177 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19392 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (12651 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (28067 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9058 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (49883 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (31192 views)