Vomiting lethargic puppy.

Breed: laborar
my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few times the past two days. I don't have money for a vet right now. i don't know what to due for her no change in her bowel movenment. she just laying around sleeping not being activite at all. please tell me what I should due for her. she 11 mo old.

Sorry to hear that Sara is not well.

Is Sara up to date on her vaccines? If she is not fully vaccinated I would be concerned about parvo virus. Parvo is very serious and usually causes vomiting and lots of diarrhea. While I have seen parvo successfully treated at home the chances for survival are much higher with treatment in a vet hospital.

There are many other possibilities that can cause lack of appetite and vomiting in a young dog. These include:

• Ingestion of a foreign object like a toy.

• Ingestion of something toxic to liver or kidneys.

• Upset stomach and intestines because of a change in food.

• Intestinal parasites.

I always recommend a vet visit when a little one is sick as puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. You can certainly try some Dewormer. You can also try feeding small meals of chicken and rice which will be easy for her digestive tract to handle. However, the best thing you can do is have your vet take a look.

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (24902 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (8462 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (8877 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (45832 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (5632 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (7757 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (4786 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (42934 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10138 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (6880 views)