Allergic reaction to vaccines.

Breed: Pug
He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is now swollen. My other pug had the swelling happen when she had her shots, but she didn't puke. Can I give him 25 mg of benadryl to take down the swelling? I would like to but I don't want his throat to swell up or him to stop breathing or something. Please help. Thank you.

Dogs certainly can have an allergic reaction to vaccines.

If this is a mild reaction then most vets will recommend giving benadryl. The dose is 1 mg/lb. So, if your dog weighed 25 pounds then one tablet would be good.

If you are seeing any of the following symptoms then you should head back to the vet immediately:
  • Pale gums

• Difficulty breathing

• If the dog is extremely uncomfortable

Some allergic reactions can be life threatening, so if you are unsure then it is best to call your vet right away.

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (14017 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9855 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5684 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (22347 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (8905 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (20701 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (34544 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (11154 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11541 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10453 views)