Not well after vaccines.

Breed: Husky
Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night. Now she is lethargec & just wants to lay down. Eats drinks no vomit/diarea. What did we do wrong & is this serious ?

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I can't really see a connection here.

Frontline and Heartgard are perfectly safe to use together. They shouldn't cause a dog to be lethargic.

It is possible for a dog to be lethargic after vaccines, but it's not that common. And, usually if there is some sort of reaction it happens within 24 hours.

I'm guessing that there could be something going on that is not connected to the vaccines.

If Angel is eating and drinking her normal amount then I would likely just keep an eye on her for now and if she is still like this when your vet opens on Monday then I would give them a call.

There are a number of other things that could be going on. If it is very warm in your area then this could be affecting her. Or perhaps she has some pain somewhere such as her back. It's often tough to know though!

I have had some dogs where a vaccination was "the last straw" in an illness. So, let's say she was fighting an age related condition like kidney disease or liver disease. When the vaccine challenged her immune system then this could have caused the disease condition to get worse.

Again, if she is eating and drinking ok I would likely wait till Monday. The exception, of course, is if your gut is just telling you that she is really unwell.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

No conditions other than a damaged CCL that we have been nursing along without surgery. Thanks for your time.

You're very welcome. I hope everything is ok.

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19121 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10135 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (9746 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (10463 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (11903 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11471 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14192 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (23731 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (16590 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (28600 views)