Not well after vaccines.

Breed: Husky
Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night. Now she is lethargec & just wants to lay down. Eats drinks no vomit/diarea. What did we do wrong & is this serious ?

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I can't really see a connection here.

Frontline and Heartgard are perfectly safe to use together. They shouldn't cause a dog to be lethargic.

It is possible for a dog to be lethargic after vaccines, but it's not that common. And, usually if there is some sort of reaction it happens within 24 hours.

I'm guessing that there could be something going on that is not connected to the vaccines.

If Angel is eating and drinking her normal amount then I would likely just keep an eye on her for now and if she is still like this when your vet opens on Monday then I would give them a call.

There are a number of other things that could be going on. If it is very warm in your area then this could be affecting her. Or perhaps she has some pain somewhere such as her back. It's often tough to know though!

I have had some dogs where a vaccination was "the last straw" in an illness. So, let's say she was fighting an age related condition like kidney disease or liver disease. When the vaccine challenged her immune system then this could have caused the disease condition to get worse.

Again, if she is eating and drinking ok I would likely wait till Monday. The exception, of course, is if your gut is just telling you that she is really unwell.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

No conditions other than a damaged CCL that we have been nursing along without surgery. Thanks for your time.

You're very welcome. I hope everything is ok.

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6951 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (10597 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11603 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (11380 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (13583 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5746 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (17731 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (29855 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (52417 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4962 views)