Not well after vaccines.

Breed: Husky
Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night. Now she is lethargec & just wants to lay down. Eats drinks no vomit/diarea. What did we do wrong & is this serious ?

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I can't really see a connection here.

Frontline and Heartgard are perfectly safe to use together. They shouldn't cause a dog to be lethargic.

It is possible for a dog to be lethargic after vaccines, but it's not that common. And, usually if there is some sort of reaction it happens within 24 hours.

I'm guessing that there could be something going on that is not connected to the vaccines.

If Angel is eating and drinking her normal amount then I would likely just keep an eye on her for now and if she is still like this when your vet opens on Monday then I would give them a call.

There are a number of other things that could be going on. If it is very warm in your area then this could be affecting her. Or perhaps she has some pain somewhere such as her back. It's often tough to know though!

I have had some dogs where a vaccination was "the last straw" in an illness. So, let's say she was fighting an age related condition like kidney disease or liver disease. When the vaccine challenged her immune system then this could have caused the disease condition to get worse.

Again, if she is eating and drinking ok I would likely wait till Monday. The exception, of course, is if your gut is just telling you that she is really unwell.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

No conditions other than a damaged CCL that we have been nursing along without surgery. Thanks for your time.

You're very welcome. I hope everything is ok.

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (12219 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (6120 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (14428 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (8037 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (15874 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (38792 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (10253 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (11425 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (17191 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (15184 views)