Not well after vaccines.

Breed: Husky
Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night. Now she is lethargec & just wants to lay down. Eats drinks no vomit/diarea. What did we do wrong & is this serious ?

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I can't really see a connection here.

Frontline and Heartgard are perfectly safe to use together. They shouldn't cause a dog to be lethargic.

It is possible for a dog to be lethargic after vaccines, but it's not that common. And, usually if there is some sort of reaction it happens within 24 hours.

I'm guessing that there could be something going on that is not connected to the vaccines.

If Angel is eating and drinking her normal amount then I would likely just keep an eye on her for now and if she is still like this when your vet opens on Monday then I would give them a call.

There are a number of other things that could be going on. If it is very warm in your area then this could be affecting her. Or perhaps she has some pain somewhere such as her back. It's often tough to know though!

I have had some dogs where a vaccination was "the last straw" in an illness. So, let's say she was fighting an age related condition like kidney disease or liver disease. When the vaccine challenged her immune system then this could have caused the disease condition to get worse.

Again, if she is eating and drinking ok I would likely wait till Monday. The exception, of course, is if your gut is just telling you that she is really unwell.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

No conditions other than a damaged CCL that we have been nursing along without surgery. Thanks for your time.

You're very welcome. I hope everything is ok.

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (27602 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (70560 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (29398 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (11409 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (9953 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (21304 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (32767 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (13217 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (27580 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (18984 views)