Not well after vaccines.

Breed: Husky
Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night. Now she is lethargec & just wants to lay down. Eats drinks no vomit/diarea. What did we do wrong & is this serious ?

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I can't really see a connection here.

Frontline and Heartgard are perfectly safe to use together. They shouldn't cause a dog to be lethargic.

It is possible for a dog to be lethargic after vaccines, but it's not that common. And, usually if there is some sort of reaction it happens within 24 hours.

I'm guessing that there could be something going on that is not connected to the vaccines.

If Angel is eating and drinking her normal amount then I would likely just keep an eye on her for now and if she is still like this when your vet opens on Monday then I would give them a call.

There are a number of other things that could be going on. If it is very warm in your area then this could be affecting her. Or perhaps she has some pain somewhere such as her back. It's often tough to know though!

I have had some dogs where a vaccination was "the last straw" in an illness. So, let's say she was fighting an age related condition like kidney disease or liver disease. When the vaccine challenged her immune system then this could have caused the disease condition to get worse.

Again, if she is eating and drinking ok I would likely wait till Monday. The exception, of course, is if your gut is just telling you that she is really unwell.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

No conditions other than a damaged CCL that we have been nursing along without surgery. Thanks for your time.

You're very welcome. I hope everything is ok.

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (13522 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (9545 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11644 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (14104 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (21775 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (16312 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (10828 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (10604 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (54027 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (17549 views)