Lump after vaccines.

Breed: Chihuahua
...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10 months old and his next shots after baby shots last week. They gave him five shots. He had one of them in his scruff area and just a couples ago I noticed a small lump in the scruff area while I was petting him. I do remember that during his shots he didn't express much discomfort until the scruff shot- and he was really in pain it seemed. There was definitely not a knot there before the shots. I also noticed some skin discoloration where his fur meets the skin on his belly. He has been acting normal and peppy as usual but I am still worried. I love my pup very much and I would like some advice please. Thanks.

This certainly can be something called a vaccine granuloma. A vaccine granuloma is a lump that appears after a vaccination.

In most cases they are nothing to worry about and go away in a few weeks. But, it is still a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure.

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (8665 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (7835 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (15069 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (34996 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (12720 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (7682 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (26616 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (15521 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8733 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (23094 views)