Lump after vaccines.

Breed: Chihuahua
...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10 months old and his next shots after baby shots last week. They gave him five shots. He had one of them in his scruff area and just a couples ago I noticed a small lump in the scruff area while I was petting him. I do remember that during his shots he didn't express much discomfort until the scruff shot- and he was really in pain it seemed. There was definitely not a knot there before the shots. I also noticed some skin discoloration where his fur meets the skin on his belly. He has been acting normal and peppy as usual but I am still worried. I love my pup very much and I would like some advice please. Thanks.

This certainly can be something called a vaccine granuloma. A vaccine granuloma is a lump that appears after a vaccination.

In most cases they are nothing to worry about and go away in a few weeks. But, it is still a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure.

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (15873 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (6906 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (10326 views)

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (22319 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (9863 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (7597 views)

cat with trouble breathing I have a cat named Bunny, she is about 4 or 5 years old, she is a little over... (28993 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (26576 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (30299 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (11632 views)