Lump after vaccines.

Breed: Chihuahua
...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10 months old and his next shots after baby shots last week. They gave him five shots. He had one of them in his scruff area and just a couples ago I noticed a small lump in the scruff area while I was petting him. I do remember that during his shots he didn't express much discomfort until the scruff shot- and he was really in pain it seemed. There was definitely not a knot there before the shots. I also noticed some skin discoloration where his fur meets the skin on his belly. He has been acting normal and peppy as usual but I am still worried. I love my pup very much and I would like some advice please. Thanks.

This certainly can be something called a vaccine granuloma. A vaccine granuloma is a lump that appears after a vaccination.

In most cases they are nothing to worry about and go away in a few weeks. But, it is still a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure.

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43910 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (16042 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (41764 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (6612 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (12989 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (108200 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (11493 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (7325 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9857 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (39764 views)