Lump after vaccines.

Breed: Chihuahua
...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10 months old and his next shots after baby shots last week. They gave him five shots. He had one of them in his scruff area and just a couples ago I noticed a small lump in the scruff area while I was petting him. I do remember that during his shots he didn't express much discomfort until the scruff shot- and he was really in pain it seemed. There was definitely not a knot there before the shots. I also noticed some skin discoloration where his fur meets the skin on his belly. He has been acting normal and peppy as usual but I am still worried. I love my pup very much and I would like some advice please. Thanks.

This certainly can be something called a vaccine granuloma. A vaccine granuloma is a lump that appears after a vaccination.

In most cases they are nothing to worry about and go away in a few weeks. But, it is still a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure.

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8630 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22769 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (39075 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (27404 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17564 views)

Hydrocode side effect? My dog is a 16-1/2 year old Wheaten who has had two seizures at a groomers. I took... (7441 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8235 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (29433 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (10458 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (7921 views)