Lump after vaccines.

Breed: Chihuahua
...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10 months old and his next shots after baby shots last week. They gave him five shots. He had one of them in his scruff area and just a couples ago I noticed a small lump in the scruff area while I was petting him. I do remember that during his shots he didn't express much discomfort until the scruff shot- and he was really in pain it seemed. There was definitely not a knot there before the shots. I also noticed some skin discoloration where his fur meets the skin on his belly. He has been acting normal and peppy as usual but I am still worried. I love my pup very much and I would like some advice please. Thanks.

This certainly can be something called a vaccine granuloma. A vaccine granuloma is a lump that appears after a vaccination.

In most cases they are nothing to worry about and go away in a few weeks. But, it is still a good idea to have your vet take a look just to be sure.

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4168 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (24770 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12366 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (11396 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8341 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (13996 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (7697 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (5796 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (50681 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9099 views)