Itchy dog.

Breed: Husky
Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got her home she was scratching a lot, after two long warm baths with oatmeal fle and tick shampoo!! She is still itching on the top of her back in the middle of her body? I have never had a female dog before is this normal??

The vast majority of the time, when a dog is itchy in this area, the reason is fleas.

I get SUPER frustrated with some of the flea products that are out there. If you are using an OTC product (i.e purchased at somewhere other than the vet's) then these are not likely to work.

This article, especially the second half, will really help you:

Your pet has fleas.

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (8852 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7794 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9566 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (15742 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (5864 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (30022 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (8970 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10932 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (35153 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5620 views)