Itchy dog.

Breed: Husky
Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got her home she was scratching a lot, after two long warm baths with oatmeal fle and tick shampoo!! She is still itching on the top of her back in the middle of her body? I have never had a female dog before is this normal??

The vast majority of the time, when a dog is itchy in this area, the reason is fleas.

I get SUPER frustrated with some of the flea products that are out there. If you are using an OTC product (i.e purchased at somewhere other than the vet's) then these are not likely to work.

This article, especially the second half, will really help you:

Your pet has fleas.

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (72737 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (6787 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (29324 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (23306 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (11673 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5253 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (14342 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (12666 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (27320 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (13941 views)