Itchy dog.

Breed: Husky
Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got her home she was scratching a lot, after two long warm baths with oatmeal fle and tick shampoo!! She is still itching on the top of her back in the middle of her body? I have never had a female dog before is this normal??

The vast majority of the time, when a dog is itchy in this area, the reason is fleas.

I get SUPER frustrated with some of the flea products that are out there. If you are using an OTC product (i.e purchased at somewhere other than the vet's) then these are not likely to work.

This article, especially the second half, will really help you:

Your pet has fleas.

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (6768 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3741 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (4804 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (9808 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (23518 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (10912 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12029 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (4063 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (31789 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (20925 views)