Itchy dog.

Breed: Husky
Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got her home she was scratching a lot, after two long warm baths with oatmeal fle and tick shampoo!! She is still itching on the top of her back in the middle of her body? I have never had a female dog before is this normal??

The vast majority of the time, when a dog is itchy in this area, the reason is fleas.

I get SUPER frustrated with some of the flea products that are out there. If you are using an OTC product (i.e purchased at somewhere other than the vet's) then these are not likely to work.

This article, especially the second half, will really help you:

Your pet has fleas.

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (31684 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (11565 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (15599 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (7712 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (8912 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (11211 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (6705 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (16801 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (11324 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (198838 views)