Itchy dog.

Breed: Husky
Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got her home she was scratching a lot, after two long warm baths with oatmeal fle and tick shampoo!! She is still itching on the top of her back in the middle of her body? I have never had a female dog before is this normal??

The vast majority of the time, when a dog is itchy in this area, the reason is fleas.

I get SUPER frustrated with some of the flea products that are out there. If you are using an OTC product (i.e purchased at somewhere other than the vet's) then these are not likely to work.

This article, especially the second half, will really help you:

Your pet has fleas.

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (8213 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7814 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (16826 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (9253 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (8096 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22653 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (16375 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (5454 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7029 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (7439 views)