Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (67672 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10351 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10060 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (7223 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (18581 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (30035 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (15034 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (15537 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4570 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (33913 views)