Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7817 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (52262 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (12440 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (9573 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19862 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11200 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7265 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (10034 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16694 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (13527 views)