Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (18499 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (10620 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (12081 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (25266 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (12860 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (24048 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (14740 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (17710 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (11731 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (27659 views)