Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (74070 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (18482 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (11499 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (11310 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12336 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (10070 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (33393 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (23410 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (13412 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (6211 views)