Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (139874 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (30741 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (12047 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (28541 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (13031 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (69194 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10528 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (8529 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (12498 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (31933 views)