Cat can't pee.

Breed: Mix
Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to pee.

Hi Moe...I am so sorry to hear that Tiger is having this problem!

I just have a few questions for you first.

How long has he had problems urinating?
Is he getting any urine out at all?
How is is appetite?

Can't urinate at all since this morning. Not eating. Just lying there.

If your male cat is having trouble urinating then this is a serious medical emergency and you need to see your vet immediately!

Male cats have a tiny urethra which means that it is very susceptible to blocking. If he has any crystals in his urine they can block up the urethra and cause difficulties urinating.

If the cat is unable to urinate then the bladder gets fuller and fuller and is at risk for rupturing. Also, the increase in pressure causes serious problems with the kidneys.

A cat that is blocked that is not treated can die if not treated soon.

Your vet will determine if the bladder is full and will discuss options with you. If we have caught this early enough some cats will respond to medications prescribed by your vet. However, most need to be unblocked under anesthetic and kept in the hospital for a few days.
This is a very serious condition and needs to be addressed immediately!

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18514 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (6978 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23182 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (64329 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (6902 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (6990 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42454 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13292 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23093 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (34357 views)