Did air freshener kill my dog?

Breed: jack a poo
hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused by pancreatitis. his brothers, alvin and theodore, are still living with me and i can't not be reminded of simon.

i fear that air freshener got on their dog food, and that is what caused simon's pancreatitis. the vet said that no toxins were in his body, but could toxins from the air freshener have caused damage to his pancreas a month ago and not be present in his body at the time his pancreas gave out?

or would toxins build up and stay in his body?

dylan

I'm very sorry to hear that Simon passed away. It is not possible for air freshener to cause pancreatitis, or any other illness for that matter.

The most common cause of pancreatitis is eating a fatty meal, but I have seen many animals that got pancreatitis for no known reason.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (13974 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (39581 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (11826 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (13571 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (14082 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7815 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (11792 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (6671 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (13170 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (15868 views)