Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Did air freshener kill my dog?

Species: Dog
Breed: jack a poo
Age: 5-8 years
hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused by pancreatitis. his brothers, alvin and theodore, are still living with me and i can't not be reminded of simon.

i fear that air freshener got on their dog food, and that is what caused simon's pancreatitis. the vet said that no toxins were in his body, but could toxins from the air freshener have caused damage to his pancreas a month ago and not be present in his body at the time his pancreas gave out?

or would toxins build up and stay in his body?

dylan


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

I'm very sorry to hear that Simon passed away. It is not possible for air freshener to cause pancreatitis, or any other illness for that matter.

The most common cause of pancreatitis is eating a fatty meal, but I have seen many animals that got pancreatitis for no known reason.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dr. Marie.

---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (21889 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8804 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (46109 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (12935 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8554 views)

Sore gums in chihuahua. My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they... (10298 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4572 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (9754 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (6882 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23453 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.