Did air freshener kill my dog?

Breed: jack a poo
hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused by pancreatitis. his brothers, alvin and theodore, are still living with me and i can't not be reminded of simon.

i fear that air freshener got on their dog food, and that is what caused simon's pancreatitis. the vet said that no toxins were in his body, but could toxins from the air freshener have caused damage to his pancreas a month ago and not be present in his body at the time his pancreas gave out?

or would toxins build up and stay in his body?

dylan

I'm very sorry to hear that Simon passed away. It is not possible for air freshener to cause pancreatitis, or any other illness for that matter.

The most common cause of pancreatitis is eating a fatty meal, but I have seen many animals that got pancreatitis for no known reason.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (7035 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (11051 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (45048 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (10100 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (16531 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (29371 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15733 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (23263 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (8143 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (10180 views)