Did air freshener kill my dog?

Breed: jack a poo
hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused by pancreatitis. his brothers, alvin and theodore, are still living with me and i can't not be reminded of simon.

i fear that air freshener got on their dog food, and that is what caused simon's pancreatitis. the vet said that no toxins were in his body, but could toxins from the air freshener have caused damage to his pancreas a month ago and not be present in his body at the time his pancreas gave out?

or would toxins build up and stay in his body?

dylan

I'm very sorry to hear that Simon passed away. It is not possible for air freshener to cause pancreatitis, or any other illness for that matter.

The most common cause of pancreatitis is eating a fatty meal, but I have seen many animals that got pancreatitis for no known reason.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (5421 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (43311 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7585 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92122 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9879 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11645 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (22589 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (10331 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (33273 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7497 views)