Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (7884 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (11531 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (10705 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (5626 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (15975 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (23002 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (17716 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (9288 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (8531 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35709 views)