Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18848 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (14737 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (19035 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (11965 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11858 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (11924 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (19427 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (11023 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (13190 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (12159 views)