Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (13914 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (240732 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (32137 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (46947 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6634 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6390 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54010 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4890 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6622 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (33075 views)