Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (14212 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (10051 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (17718 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (10844 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (20487 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (31884 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (16024 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31918 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (17245 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (33039 views)