Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (6871 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (7420 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (32011 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (14859 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (22778 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (12068 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (7477 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (22119 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (6650 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (22055 views)