Tick part left in dog?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I know if its head is still in him or not?

How will I know if He gets a disease from the tick or not?

It's not uncommon for people to leave a small piece of head or mouthpiece when trying to remove a tick from a dog. At this point there really isn't much you can do to get any remaining pieces out. Keep an eye on the area. Over the next few weeks if it is getting red, irritated or has a pus discharge at all then have your vet take a look and they will prescribe antibiotics.

There are several diseases that ticks can carry, with lyme disease being the most common. Lyme is more common in some areas than others so it is a good idea to phone your vet to ask if they recommend testing for lyme after a tick has been removed.

If so, then the best time to do a blood test to look for tick borne disease is 4-6 weeks after exposure to the tick.

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (6300 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (4413 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (8274 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (3681 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (4872 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (9115 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (8195 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (6683 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (5489 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (81431 views)