Found bug in dog's ear.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been scraching his ears and shaking his head alot. I looked in his ear and discovered a small brownish gray bug in his ear. I pooked at it for a while and finally got it out of his ear. I found out that it was grayish and had Eight little clear looking legs. Should i stop the Ultra Gard Ear Mite treatment? Is this bug a Ear Mite? Should i take him to the vet. I have only been doing the treatment for 3 days now and it kinda sounds like there is Liquid in his ear Canal? Please answer my questions I dont have alot of money but i need to know if this is Ear mites or not so i can take him to vet if it is not? Please Help my pore little Eor.

I'm wondering if what you found in your dog's ear was a tick. It's definitely not an ear mite. Ear mites are so small that you need a microscope to see them.

It's unusual for a tick to be inside of a dog's ear but not impossible. Adult ticks do have 8 sets of legs. Here are some pictures of ticks. If it is a tick, then you may want to talk to your vet about testing for lyme disease in 4-6 weeks. However, a tick has to be attached to the dog for 2 days before it can transmit lyme disease.

The other thing you could do is to take the bug into your vet and see if they can determine what it is.

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (10203 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (9985 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (15124 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8290 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (6184 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (6037 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10057 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6387 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12796 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (49367 views)