Found bug in dog's ear.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been scraching his ears and shaking his head alot. I looked in his ear and discovered a small brownish gray bug in his ear. I pooked at it for a while and finally got it out of his ear. I found out that it was grayish and had Eight little clear looking legs. Should i stop the Ultra Gard Ear Mite treatment? Is this bug a Ear Mite? Should i take him to the vet. I have only been doing the treatment for 3 days now and it kinda sounds like there is Liquid in his ear Canal? Please answer my questions I dont have alot of money but i need to know if this is Ear mites or not so i can take him to vet if it is not? Please Help my pore little Eor.

I'm wondering if what you found in your dog's ear was a tick. It's definitely not an ear mite. Ear mites are so small that you need a microscope to see them.

It's unusual for a tick to be inside of a dog's ear but not impossible. Adult ticks do have 8 sets of legs. Here are some pictures of ticks. If it is a tick, then you may want to talk to your vet about testing for lyme disease in 4-6 weeks. However, a tick has to be attached to the dog for 2 days before it can transmit lyme disease.

The other thing you could do is to take the bug into your vet and see if they can determine what it is.

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (105692 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (11455 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (20396 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11019 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (20720 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (9681 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (13334 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4575 views)

Not eating, panting. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs all together. Daisy is the alpha of the group.... (13713 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7556 views)