Found bug in dog's ear.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been scraching his ears and shaking his head alot. I looked in his ear and discovered a small brownish gray bug in his ear. I pooked at it for a while and finally got it out of his ear. I found out that it was grayish and had Eight little clear looking legs. Should i stop the Ultra Gard Ear Mite treatment? Is this bug a Ear Mite? Should i take him to the vet. I have only been doing the treatment for 3 days now and it kinda sounds like there is Liquid in his ear Canal? Please answer my questions I dont have alot of money but i need to know if this is Ear mites or not so i can take him to vet if it is not? Please Help my pore little Eor.

I'm wondering if what you found in your dog's ear was a tick. It's definitely not an ear mite. Ear mites are so small that you need a microscope to see them.

It's unusual for a tick to be inside of a dog's ear but not impossible. Adult ticks do have 8 sets of legs. Here are some pictures of ticks. If it is a tick, then you may want to talk to your vet about testing for lyme disease in 4-6 weeks. However, a tick has to be attached to the dog for 2 days before it can transmit lyme disease.

The other thing you could do is to take the bug into your vet and see if they can determine what it is.

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (27046 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (62390 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9795 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (8533 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8381 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (12186 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (9064 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19399 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (10254 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (14008 views)