Found bug in dog's ear.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been scraching his ears and shaking his head alot. I looked in his ear and discovered a small brownish gray bug in his ear. I pooked at it for a while and finally got it out of his ear. I found out that it was grayish and had Eight little clear looking legs. Should i stop the Ultra Gard Ear Mite treatment? Is this bug a Ear Mite? Should i take him to the vet. I have only been doing the treatment for 3 days now and it kinda sounds like there is Liquid in his ear Canal? Please answer my questions I dont have alot of money but i need to know if this is Ear mites or not so i can take him to vet if it is not? Please Help my pore little Eor.

I'm wondering if what you found in your dog's ear was a tick. It's definitely not an ear mite. Ear mites are so small that you need a microscope to see them.

It's unusual for a tick to be inside of a dog's ear but not impossible. Adult ticks do have 8 sets of legs. Here are some pictures of ticks. If it is a tick, then you may want to talk to your vet about testing for lyme disease in 4-6 weeks. However, a tick has to be attached to the dog for 2 days before it can transmit lyme disease.

The other thing you could do is to take the bug into your vet and see if they can determine what it is.

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (22741 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7553 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (10165 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4898 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7433 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (9892 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15682 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10986 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (38311 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18631 views)