Found bug in dog's ear.

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been scraching his ears and shaking his head alot. I looked in his ear and discovered a small brownish gray bug in his ear. I pooked at it for a while and finally got it out of his ear. I found out that it was grayish and had Eight little clear looking legs. Should i stop the Ultra Gard Ear Mite treatment? Is this bug a Ear Mite? Should i take him to the vet. I have only been doing the treatment for 3 days now and it kinda sounds like there is Liquid in his ear Canal? Please answer my questions I dont have alot of money but i need to know if this is Ear mites or not so i can take him to vet if it is not? Please Help my pore little Eor.

I'm wondering if what you found in your dog's ear was a tick. It's definitely not an ear mite. Ear mites are so small that you need a microscope to see them.

It's unusual for a tick to be inside of a dog's ear but not impossible. Adult ticks do have 8 sets of legs. Here are some pictures of ticks. If it is a tick, then you may want to talk to your vet about testing for lyme disease in 4-6 weeks. However, a tick has to be attached to the dog for 2 days before it can transmit lyme disease.

The other thing you could do is to take the bug into your vet and see if they can determine what it is.

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (33042 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (8548 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (10072 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (9817 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (8811 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (14086 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (15079 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (16743 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (32143 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (18063 views)