Cat's heart rate question.

Breed:
Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the cats?

Heart rate really depends on the size of the animal. The smaller the animal, the faster the heart rate.

So, in that sense then yes, a kitten would have a faster heart rate.

As a cat gets older, if they get a problem such as hyperthyroidism or a blood pressure problem then the heart rate can go up as well.

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (6854 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7671 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (9830 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (48980 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (12737 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (32682 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15469 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (16942 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (9791 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (12966 views)