Cat's heart rate question.

Breed:
Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the cats?

Heart rate really depends on the size of the animal. The smaller the animal, the faster the heart rate.

So, in that sense then yes, a kitten would have a faster heart rate.

As a cat gets older, if they get a problem such as hyperthyroidism or a blood pressure problem then the heart rate can go up as well.

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (6037 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (21843 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (7548 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (9342 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (10979 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (11443 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (8735 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (9337 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (11924 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (30013 views)