Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (15377 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9699 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (12128 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (25836 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (7286 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (17456 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (20266 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (51516 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12405 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7523 views)