Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (24880 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (17506 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (24393 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (8855 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (10393 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (54087 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (9676 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (13084 views)

Blood tinged urine. Dr. Marie, My cat does not pee in her litterbox. Instead she will pee right... (14262 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (10117 views)