Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (13698 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (21682 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (13571 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (20979 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (7505 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (9082 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (24792 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (18054 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (10203 views)

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (23432 views)