Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (14611 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (14516 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (4141 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (13501 views)

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (12937 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (5599 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (9619 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (57470 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (6348 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (92604 views)