Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (101045 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (54800 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (101874 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (9679 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (12309 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (17780 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (55612 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (15892 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (6867 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (8767 views)