Hair loss in hamster

Breed: Syrian hamster
I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing fur from the back of his head which I researched and thought was due to his old age. However I then noticed a small scab on the back of one of his legs which has since gotten worse and is now also speading to his other back leg. I have changed his type of bedding incase it was an allergy but doesnt seem to have helped, I also inspect him and the cage for mites but cannot find any. I'm worried that taking him to the vet might be too much stress for him becuase of his age but hate to see him with scabs and sores. I hope you can help.

I'd highly advise finding a way to take him to the vet. Here is another similar question that may help you:

hamster hair loss.

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (8707 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6496 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (49127 views)

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (11605 views)

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (8825 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (36935 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7481 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (6950 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (90209 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22882 views)