Seizures and not eating.

Breed: Boxer
Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. He had not been eating much, today he has not eaten at all. A short time ago he was curled up in the chair and had what looked like a seizure. His head was shaking, his whole body was shaking. The best way to describe it was like looking at a dog with Parkinson's. Cash is 11 yrs old and has not been neutered, and only one testicle, the second never dropped and is allergic to bee stings - but we still love him!

I'm sorry to hear that Cash is having these problems.

I do get concerned when an older dog is not eating and vomiting. In a younger dog I would be thinking this could be simply an upset stomach from eating something unusual.

However, in an older dog these symptoms can mean a number of different things.

It does sound like what you are describing with the shaking was a seizure.

A seizure can happen for several reasons. One possibility is a buildup of toxins from a serious kidney or liver disease. Another possibility, however, is because of a spread of cancer.

I am concerned by the fact that Cash only has one descended testicle. It is really common for the undescended testicle to become cancerous.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him to see if we can determine what is going on. The vet will likely take some xrays to determine if cancer is present. They will likely want to do some blood tests as well.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but this sounds like a situation where an in person vet visit is needed.

I appreciate the response. In all honesty - I knew what you were going to say before I even hit send but was hopeful for something different. Wishful thinking I guess.
Looks like I will be making a call to the vet tomorrow morning.
TY

There still is a chance that this is not something horribly serious. But I don't like the symptoms that you have described.

I hope your visit goes ok. Feel free to respond to this post if you have questions that I can help with after your visit.

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24402 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (12975 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5493 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (9304 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (16266 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4871 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (23645 views)

Mass in cat's chest? Hello, My cat, a sterilized indoor-living Japanese Bobtail, is now 4 years old... (19501 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (7165 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (7159 views)