Seizures and not eating.

Breed: Boxer
Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. He had not been eating much, today he has not eaten at all. A short time ago he was curled up in the chair and had what looked like a seizure. His head was shaking, his whole body was shaking. The best way to describe it was like looking at a dog with Parkinson's. Cash is 11 yrs old and has not been neutered, and only one testicle, the second never dropped and is allergic to bee stings - but we still love him!

I'm sorry to hear that Cash is having these problems.

I do get concerned when an older dog is not eating and vomiting. In a younger dog I would be thinking this could be simply an upset stomach from eating something unusual.

However, in an older dog these symptoms can mean a number of different things.

It does sound like what you are describing with the shaking was a seizure.

A seizure can happen for several reasons. One possibility is a buildup of toxins from a serious kidney or liver disease. Another possibility, however, is because of a spread of cancer.

I am concerned by the fact that Cash only has one descended testicle. It is really common for the undescended testicle to become cancerous.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him to see if we can determine what is going on. The vet will likely take some xrays to determine if cancer is present. They will likely want to do some blood tests as well.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but this sounds like a situation where an in person vet visit is needed.

I appreciate the response. In all honesty - I knew what you were going to say before I even hit send but was hopeful for something different. Wishful thinking I guess.
Looks like I will be making a call to the vet tomorrow morning.
TY

There still is a chance that this is not something horribly serious. But I don't like the symptoms that you have described.

I hope your visit goes ok. Feel free to respond to this post if you have questions that I can help with after your visit.

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (18893 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (42144 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (8218 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (11755 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (18524 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (22061 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (11108 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (7163 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (9655 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (32100 views)