Seizures and not eating.

Breed: Boxer
Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. He had not been eating much, today he has not eaten at all. A short time ago he was curled up in the chair and had what looked like a seizure. His head was shaking, his whole body was shaking. The best way to describe it was like looking at a dog with Parkinson's. Cash is 11 yrs old and has not been neutered, and only one testicle, the second never dropped and is allergic to bee stings - but we still love him!

I'm sorry to hear that Cash is having these problems.

I do get concerned when an older dog is not eating and vomiting. In a younger dog I would be thinking this could be simply an upset stomach from eating something unusual.

However, in an older dog these symptoms can mean a number of different things.

It does sound like what you are describing with the shaking was a seizure.

A seizure can happen for several reasons. One possibility is a buildup of toxins from a serious kidney or liver disease. Another possibility, however, is because of a spread of cancer.

I am concerned by the fact that Cash only has one descended testicle. It is really common for the undescended testicle to become cancerous.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him to see if we can determine what is going on. The vet will likely take some xrays to determine if cancer is present. They will likely want to do some blood tests as well.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but this sounds like a situation where an in person vet visit is needed.

I appreciate the response. In all honesty - I knew what you were going to say before I even hit send but was hopeful for something different. Wishful thinking I guess.
Looks like I will be making a call to the vet tomorrow morning.
TY

There still is a chance that this is not something horribly serious. But I don't like the symptoms that you have described.

I hope your visit goes ok. Feel free to respond to this post if you have questions that I can help with after your visit.

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14288 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10496 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10131 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (15542 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (85714 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5021 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (55872 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11405 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (16645 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (15768 views)