Seizures and not eating.

Breed: Boxer
Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. He had not been eating much, today he has not eaten at all. A short time ago he was curled up in the chair and had what looked like a seizure. His head was shaking, his whole body was shaking. The best way to describe it was like looking at a dog with Parkinson's. Cash is 11 yrs old and has not been neutered, and only one testicle, the second never dropped and is allergic to bee stings - but we still love him!

I'm sorry to hear that Cash is having these problems.

I do get concerned when an older dog is not eating and vomiting. In a younger dog I would be thinking this could be simply an upset stomach from eating something unusual.

However, in an older dog these symptoms can mean a number of different things.

It does sound like what you are describing with the shaking was a seizure.

A seizure can happen for several reasons. One possibility is a buildup of toxins from a serious kidney or liver disease. Another possibility, however, is because of a spread of cancer.

I am concerned by the fact that Cash only has one descended testicle. It is really common for the undescended testicle to become cancerous.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him to see if we can determine what is going on. The vet will likely take some xrays to determine if cancer is present. They will likely want to do some blood tests as well.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but this sounds like a situation where an in person vet visit is needed.

I appreciate the response. In all honesty - I knew what you were going to say before I even hit send but was hopeful for something different. Wishful thinking I guess.
Looks like I will be making a call to the vet tomorrow morning.
TY

There still is a chance that this is not something horribly serious. But I don't like the symptoms that you have described.

I hope your visit goes ok. Feel free to respond to this post if you have questions that I can help with after your visit.

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (30196 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (11380 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (20958 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (6842 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (9868 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (14517 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8048 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (24250 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11363 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15138 views)