Seizures and not eating.

Breed: Boxer
Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. He had not been eating much, today he has not eaten at all. A short time ago he was curled up in the chair and had what looked like a seizure. His head was shaking, his whole body was shaking. The best way to describe it was like looking at a dog with Parkinson's. Cash is 11 yrs old and has not been neutered, and only one testicle, the second never dropped and is allergic to bee stings - but we still love him!

I'm sorry to hear that Cash is having these problems.

I do get concerned when an older dog is not eating and vomiting. In a younger dog I would be thinking this could be simply an upset stomach from eating something unusual.

However, in an older dog these symptoms can mean a number of different things.

It does sound like what you are describing with the shaking was a seizure.

A seizure can happen for several reasons. One possibility is a buildup of toxins from a serious kidney or liver disease. Another possibility, however, is because of a spread of cancer.

I am concerned by the fact that Cash only has one descended testicle. It is really common for the undescended testicle to become cancerous.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him to see if we can determine what is going on. The vet will likely take some xrays to determine if cancer is present. They will likely want to do some blood tests as well.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice, but this sounds like a situation where an in person vet visit is needed.

I appreciate the response. In all honesty - I knew what you were going to say before I even hit send but was hopeful for something different. Wishful thinking I guess.
Looks like I will be making a call to the vet tomorrow morning.
TY

There still is a chance that this is not something horribly serious. But I don't like the symptoms that you have described.

I hope your visit goes ok. Feel free to respond to this post if you have questions that I can help with after your visit.

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (60817 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (12392 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (13134 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (19968 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (14493 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (11736 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (47266 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (27373 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (10875 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (10654 views)