Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (14972 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (9757 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (6731 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (48328 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (8854 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (6284 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (12066 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (25983 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (35659 views)

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (7895 views)