Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (9498 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (6279 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (19845 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (12842 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (10432 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (4763 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (24784 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (24665 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (13447 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (13492 views)