Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (18863 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (14959 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (32794 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (13344 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (12195 views)

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (22369 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (29133 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (64119 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (9623 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (49787 views)