Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (9305 views)

Recurring ear infections in Golden. My dog is a 90 pound Golden Retriever. He has had a lot of problems with ear... (22466 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6909 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (9968 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (66288 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (27513 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (19909 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (14279 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (17324 views)

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (83405 views)