Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Dog with balance issues. My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i... (9848 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (7454 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (47310 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (12381 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14082 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14292 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (21615 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (12727 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (21434 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11173 views)