Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9138 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (52965 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (9593 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (11915 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8819 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (20000 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (32315 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (9136 views)

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (13163 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (18137 views)