Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (10511 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (18972 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (7169 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7463 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (8456 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (20257 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (42026 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (115087 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6359 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (7701 views)