Roundworms and hookworms.

Breed: boxer & rodesian rid
How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly common?

The answer to this question depends on where you live. In my area, roundworms are very common and hookworms are just seen occasionally. I don't often see both together. However, several times I have seen both roundworms and hookworms on a fecal exam of a new puppy that was brought up to Canada from the southern United States. I believe that hookworms are more common there because the ground does not freeze and hookworms like to live in the ground.

Roundworms are something that we see pretty much on a daily basis or at least a few times a week.

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6986 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (4519 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8089 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34079 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (23833 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (12839 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (10049 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8285 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15151 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12418 views)