Pemphigus and prednisone.

Breed: JAPNESE SPITZ
Dear Dr Marie
I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income USD 700.00/year. We don't have qualified vet. and animal hospital. I have a dog named Bush. It is 10 years old.While it was 4-5 years old, an ulcer was seen on his nose. Now the ulcer's size is 3cm x 3cm.
I have consulted with several vets but they were unable to dignose the problem. Then I have searched in the interent and found the problem is simialr to Pemphigus foliaceus.
Can you prescribe me the medicine and treatment procedure to cure this?
I am capable to bear the consulting fee, but we don't have means to pay in foreign currency.
It will be so kind of you, if you answer me.
Thanking you.
Kalyan Kharel

Sorry Kalyan, but no vet can legally prescribe medication unless we have examined the pet and have a file on them.

Pemphigus certainly sounds like a possibility. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a biopsy done.

Many dogs with Pemphigus can be controlled well with prednisone which is quite inexpensive. One of the vets that you have consulted with really should be able to prescribe this for you.

But, some cases of pemphigus can be quite severe and difficult to treat.

I hope things improve soon!

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (16719 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (4149 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16630 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (21684 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (22613 views)

Licking at private parts. I have a Indoor Male Maine Coon Cat 3 years 9mnths old, Eats 4 times a day Raw food... (10784 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (59077 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (18055 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (18099 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (14219 views)