Pemphigus and prednisone.

Breed: JAPNESE SPITZ
Dear Dr Marie
I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income USD 700.00/year. We don't have qualified vet. and animal hospital. I have a dog named Bush. It is 10 years old.While it was 4-5 years old, an ulcer was seen on his nose. Now the ulcer's size is 3cm x 3cm.
I have consulted with several vets but they were unable to dignose the problem. Then I have searched in the interent and found the problem is simialr to Pemphigus foliaceus.
Can you prescribe me the medicine and treatment procedure to cure this?
I am capable to bear the consulting fee, but we don't have means to pay in foreign currency.
It will be so kind of you, if you answer me.
Thanking you.
Kalyan Kharel

Sorry Kalyan, but no vet can legally prescribe medication unless we have examined the pet and have a file on them.

Pemphigus certainly sounds like a possibility. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a biopsy done.

Many dogs with Pemphigus can be controlled well with prednisone which is quite inexpensive. One of the vets that you have consulted with really should be able to prescribe this for you.

But, some cases of pemphigus can be quite severe and difficult to treat.

I hope things improve soon!

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13111 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (7381 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6906 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (14994 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (8498 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (38804 views)

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (15876 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (19669 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (13245 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (15975 views)