Pemphigus and prednisone.

Breed: JAPNESE SPITZ
Dear Dr Marie
I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income USD 700.00/year. We don't have qualified vet. and animal hospital. I have a dog named Bush. It is 10 years old.While it was 4-5 years old, an ulcer was seen on his nose. Now the ulcer's size is 3cm x 3cm.
I have consulted with several vets but they were unable to dignose the problem. Then I have searched in the interent and found the problem is simialr to Pemphigus foliaceus.
Can you prescribe me the medicine and treatment procedure to cure this?
I am capable to bear the consulting fee, but we don't have means to pay in foreign currency.
It will be so kind of you, if you answer me.
Thanking you.
Kalyan Kharel

Sorry Kalyan, but no vet can legally prescribe medication unless we have examined the pet and have a file on them.

Pemphigus certainly sounds like a possibility. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a biopsy done.

Many dogs with Pemphigus can be controlled well with prednisone which is quite inexpensive. One of the vets that you have consulted with really should be able to prescribe this for you.

But, some cases of pemphigus can be quite severe and difficult to treat.

I hope things improve soon!

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6999 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8066 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (28709 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (6164 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (8807 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11678 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (22046 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (6746 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10647 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (8507 views)