Pemphigus and prednisone.

Breed: JAPNESE SPITZ
Dear Dr Marie
I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income USD 700.00/year. We don't have qualified vet. and animal hospital. I have a dog named Bush. It is 10 years old.While it was 4-5 years old, an ulcer was seen on his nose. Now the ulcer's size is 3cm x 3cm.
I have consulted with several vets but they were unable to dignose the problem. Then I have searched in the interent and found the problem is simialr to Pemphigus foliaceus.
Can you prescribe me the medicine and treatment procedure to cure this?
I am capable to bear the consulting fee, but we don't have means to pay in foreign currency.
It will be so kind of you, if you answer me.
Thanking you.
Kalyan Kharel

Sorry Kalyan, but no vet can legally prescribe medication unless we have examined the pet and have a file on them.

Pemphigus certainly sounds like a possibility. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a biopsy done.

Many dogs with Pemphigus can be controlled well with prednisone which is quite inexpensive. One of the vets that you have consulted with really should be able to prescribe this for you.

But, some cases of pemphigus can be quite severe and difficult to treat.

I hope things improve soon!

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (13885 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (9402 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (7528 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (7313 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (5641 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (64854 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (13603 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (6298 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4215 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (28769 views)