Pemphigus and prednisone.

Breed: JAPNESE SPITZ
Dear Dr Marie
I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income USD 700.00/year. We don't have qualified vet. and animal hospital. I have a dog named Bush. It is 10 years old.While it was 4-5 years old, an ulcer was seen on his nose. Now the ulcer's size is 3cm x 3cm.
I have consulted with several vets but they were unable to dignose the problem. Then I have searched in the interent and found the problem is simialr to Pemphigus foliaceus.
Can you prescribe me the medicine and treatment procedure to cure this?
I am capable to bear the consulting fee, but we don't have means to pay in foreign currency.
It will be so kind of you, if you answer me.
Thanking you.
Kalyan Kharel

Sorry Kalyan, but no vet can legally prescribe medication unless we have examined the pet and have a file on them.

Pemphigus certainly sounds like a possibility. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a biopsy done.

Many dogs with Pemphigus can be controlled well with prednisone which is quite inexpensive. One of the vets that you have consulted with really should be able to prescribe this for you.

But, some cases of pemphigus can be quite severe and difficult to treat.

I hope things improve soon!

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (12007 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (10539 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (22975 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (6140 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (29293 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (6213 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7647 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (9115 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (25390 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5706 views)