Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (9387 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (5565 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (6024 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (14653 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (6814 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (6045 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (10518 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (3974 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (33085 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (24958 views)