Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (19912 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (6884 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (4412 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (10451 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (42025 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (8658 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (14674 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (7857 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (4794 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (8977 views)