Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (10934 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (24785 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (9625 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (10631 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (3251 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (24966 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (47126 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (8336 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (42003 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (16916 views)