Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (11100 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (25540 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (14198 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (21770 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (12354 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (8622 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (18967 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (98573 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (16484 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (13720 views)