Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (7685 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (11316 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (6116 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (21487 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (44688 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (60898 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (23164 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (5501 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (87090 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (11513 views)