Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (4367 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (5794 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (12434 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (8200 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (4827 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (4280 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (10675 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (11690 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (7342 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (17230 views)