Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (89499 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (20291 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7684 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (11186 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14597 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (8238 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (6479 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (15187 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (20390 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (9430 views)