Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (10430 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (8213 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (8656 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7589 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (33504 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (100105 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (9121 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (15300 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (8119 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (8102 views)