Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (12689 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (10613 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (11692 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (3887 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (6204 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (15081 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (5527 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (9705 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (6855 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (7114 views)