Repeat of parvo?

Breed: yorkies
my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all made it back to health. how likely is it for them to get it again? thank you

Oh, I am so glad that your pups survived!

In my experience it is quite rare for an animal to get parvo twice in their lifetime. They will have developed some antibodies against the disease which will protect them for some time.

Now that they are healthy I would advise having them vaccinated. Keeping up to date with their vaccinations should protect them for life.

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7630 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (78432 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (10926 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (7605 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (6020 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (16003 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (23457 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (10967 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6354 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45089 views)