Dog has lost her voice.

Breed: Coydog
What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to howl she sounds hoarse and gets minimal sound out.

I do tend to get worried when an older dog loses her voice.

This usually means that there is a problem with the larynx (voice box). Unfortunately in a dog of this age and with the symptoms coming on gradually there is a high possibility that she could have a tumor on her larynx.

Does she have any problems breathing? Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis which causes the larynx to not open properly. This can cause breathing problems as well as voice changes.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon.

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (31162 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (16782 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (8125 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14645 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (53522 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9732 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (20508 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (17173 views)

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (13865 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (13738 views)