Dog has lost her voice.

Breed: Coydog
What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to howl she sounds hoarse and gets minimal sound out.

I do tend to get worried when an older dog loses her voice.

This usually means that there is a problem with the larynx (voice box). Unfortunately in a dog of this age and with the symptoms coming on gradually there is a high possibility that she could have a tumor on her larynx.

Does she have any problems breathing? Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis which causes the larynx to not open properly. This can cause breathing problems as well as voice changes.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon.

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (12538 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (13160 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (14996 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (65923 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (9588 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (55046 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (6533 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (10481 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (7935 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (109707 views)