Dog has lost her voice.

Breed: Coydog
What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to howl she sounds hoarse and gets minimal sound out.

I do tend to get worried when an older dog loses her voice.

This usually means that there is a problem with the larynx (voice box). Unfortunately in a dog of this age and with the symptoms coming on gradually there is a high possibility that she could have a tumor on her larynx.

Does she have any problems breathing? Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis which causes the larynx to not open properly. This can cause breathing problems as well as voice changes.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon.

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (12062 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (11442 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (13400 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (22585 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (35892 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (13913 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6847 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (10500 views)

Is my cat pregnant? we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or... (11051 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (25982 views)