Dog ate collar.

Breed: Siberian Husky
Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a radiograph scan, one of those studs showed up to be in his stomach. He hasn't passed the stud yet, which makes us think it is attached to a large enough piece of leather that it won't pass into his duodenum. We don't have the money to pay for the surgery to remove it, so I was wondering if you can tell me how long it will take his stomach to digest the leather to allow the stud to pass?

This is a tough one! This object may never pass. I've seen dogs that have foreign objects in their stomach for years.

You can talk to your vet about feeding bulking diets such as a high fiber diet to help it move along.

Ultimately though either surgery or and endoscope may be necessary to remove it.

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (31735 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (13746 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (14214 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (8846 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (34810 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (11664 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (15177 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (314566 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (129463 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (7831 views)