Dog ate collar.

Breed: Siberian Husky
Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a radiograph scan, one of those studs showed up to be in his stomach. He hasn't passed the stud yet, which makes us think it is attached to a large enough piece of leather that it won't pass into his duodenum. We don't have the money to pay for the surgery to remove it, so I was wondering if you can tell me how long it will take his stomach to digest the leather to allow the stud to pass?

This is a tough one! This object may never pass. I've seen dogs that have foreign objects in their stomach for years.

You can talk to your vet about feeding bulking diets such as a high fiber diet to help it move along.

Ultimately though either surgery or and endoscope may be necessary to remove it.

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (27890 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (8177 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (10876 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (113692 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (5951 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (26949 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (7992 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (28407 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (109625 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (8450 views)