Dog ate collar.

Breed: Siberian Husky
Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a radiograph scan, one of those studs showed up to be in his stomach. He hasn't passed the stud yet, which makes us think it is attached to a large enough piece of leather that it won't pass into his duodenum. We don't have the money to pay for the surgery to remove it, so I was wondering if you can tell me how long it will take his stomach to digest the leather to allow the stud to pass?

This is a tough one! This object may never pass. I've seen dogs that have foreign objects in their stomach for years.

You can talk to your vet about feeding bulking diets such as a high fiber diet to help it move along.

Ultimately though either surgery or and endoscope may be necessary to remove it.

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11493 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (7957 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (13159 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (15023 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7677 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (10995 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (14998 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (7669 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (25402 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (7000 views)