Dog ate collar.

Breed: Siberian Husky
Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a radiograph scan, one of those studs showed up to be in his stomach. He hasn't passed the stud yet, which makes us think it is attached to a large enough piece of leather that it won't pass into his duodenum. We don't have the money to pay for the surgery to remove it, so I was wondering if you can tell me how long it will take his stomach to digest the leather to allow the stud to pass?

This is a tough one! This object may never pass. I've seen dogs that have foreign objects in their stomach for years.

You can talk to your vet about feeding bulking diets such as a high fiber diet to help it move along.

Ultimately though either surgery or and endoscope may be necessary to remove it.

Blood tinged urine. Dr. Marie, My cat does not pee in her litterbox. Instead she will pee right... (12128 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (28660 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6469 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (9369 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (73708 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (54949 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (11478 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10700 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (14433 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8867 views)