Dog ate collar.

Breed: Siberian Husky
Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a radiograph scan, one of those studs showed up to be in his stomach. He hasn't passed the stud yet, which makes us think it is attached to a large enough piece of leather that it won't pass into his duodenum. We don't have the money to pay for the surgery to remove it, so I was wondering if you can tell me how long it will take his stomach to digest the leather to allow the stud to pass?

This is a tough one! This object may never pass. I've seen dogs that have foreign objects in their stomach for years.

You can talk to your vet about feeding bulking diets such as a high fiber diet to help it move along.

Ultimately though either surgery or and endoscope may be necessary to remove it.

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (12622 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (10521 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (19592 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (42741 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (14427 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (14863 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (8745 views)

Arthritis prevention. I have a VERY active 8-year-old German Wirehaired Pointer who LOVES to run. I know... (6873 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (25616 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (21154 views)