Kitten won't eat.

Breed: i dont know
my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss i cant afford a vet what should i do?

I'm very sorry to hear that your kitten is sick. This sounds like a very serious problem and ultimately a vet visit is necessary. Kittens do not have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration and don't do well if they are not eating.

There are several things that could be causing these symptoms including a virus, parasites or a toxin of some sort.

It is extremely important to try to get Flash to eat. You can try adding some warm water to some canned cat food to make a soup and encourage him to eat that way. You can also try offering small amounts of baby food. Or, you can use some unsweetened pedialyte.

Ultimately though, if a kitten is this unwell there is a medical reason and he really does need to see a vet.

If you can't afford one, you may be able to get some help from one of these organizations:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (11163 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (37758 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (16834 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (7010 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (7873 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (24123 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (8148 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (81690 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (19353 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7728 views)