Kitten won't eat.

Breed: i dont know
my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss i cant afford a vet what should i do?

I'm very sorry to hear that your kitten is sick. This sounds like a very serious problem and ultimately a vet visit is necessary. Kittens do not have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration and don't do well if they are not eating.

There are several things that could be causing these symptoms including a virus, parasites or a toxin of some sort.

It is extremely important to try to get Flash to eat. You can try adding some warm water to some canned cat food to make a soup and encourage him to eat that way. You can also try offering small amounts of baby food. Or, you can use some unsweetened pedialyte.

Ultimately though, if a kitten is this unwell there is a medical reason and he really does need to see a vet.

If you can't afford one, you may be able to get some help from one of these organizations:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (23617 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (10732 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (12635 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (26793 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (6668 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (9277 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (8135 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (12412 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (19365 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (9398 views)