Kitten won't eat.

Breed: i dont know
my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss i cant afford a vet what should i do?

I'm very sorry to hear that your kitten is sick. This sounds like a very serious problem and ultimately a vet visit is necessary. Kittens do not have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration and don't do well if they are not eating.

There are several things that could be causing these symptoms including a virus, parasites or a toxin of some sort.

It is extremely important to try to get Flash to eat. You can try adding some warm water to some canned cat food to make a soup and encourage him to eat that way. You can also try offering small amounts of baby food. Or, you can use some unsweetened pedialyte.

Ultimately though, if a kitten is this unwell there is a medical reason and he really does need to see a vet.

If you can't afford one, you may be able to get some help from one of these organizations:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (10053 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7620 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (37489 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16208 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (14937 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (9840 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8138 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9321 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (74851 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (18796 views)