Kitten won't eat.

Breed: i dont know
my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss i cant afford a vet what should i do?

I'm very sorry to hear that your kitten is sick. This sounds like a very serious problem and ultimately a vet visit is necessary. Kittens do not have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration and don't do well if they are not eating.

There are several things that could be causing these symptoms including a virus, parasites or a toxin of some sort.

It is extremely important to try to get Flash to eat. You can try adding some warm water to some canned cat food to make a soup and encourage him to eat that way. You can also try offering small amounts of baby food. Or, you can use some unsweetened pedialyte.

Ultimately though, if a kitten is this unwell there is a medical reason and he really does need to see a vet.

If you can't afford one, you may be able to get some help from one of these organizations:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (6549 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (6660 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7158 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7677 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14104 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (12217 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (20964 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (9451 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (53691 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (13026 views)