Kitten won't eat.

Breed: i dont know
my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss i cant afford a vet what should i do?

I'm very sorry to hear that your kitten is sick. This sounds like a very serious problem and ultimately a vet visit is necessary. Kittens do not have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration and don't do well if they are not eating.

There are several things that could be causing these symptoms including a virus, parasites or a toxin of some sort.

It is extremely important to try to get Flash to eat. You can try adding some warm water to some canned cat food to make a soup and encourage him to eat that way. You can also try offering small amounts of baby food. Or, you can use some unsweetened pedialyte.

Ultimately though, if a kitten is this unwell there is a medical reason and he really does need to see a vet.

If you can't afford one, you may be able to get some help from one of these organizations:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (6410 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (16422 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (78753 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (51096 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (10577 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (42156 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (52560 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (9671 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (8512 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (100005 views)